*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1811778-Stranger-things-have-happened
Rated: 13+ · Chapter · Sci-fi · #1811778
Chapter I A young man struggles with his sudden movements through time.
Stranger things have happened.

Chapter I
"Hey, Micah!"
A voice called. Micah turned his head, gasping for air. His friend Tailor ran to his side, catching him as he fell.
"It happened. It happened again, Tailor."
Tailor shook her head.
"What are you talking about? Are you okay?"
Blushing crossed her cheeks as Micah lay easy in her arms. Love shined in Tailor's eyes. She seemed more mature than he had remembered.
"What day is it?"
"The 23rd."
Micah smiled up at Tailor.
"What month?"
He was positive it was September, but he wanted to be sure.
"January."
Micah jumped out of Tailors arms and sprung to his feet. Sweat instantly slid down from his head.
"Wh-What year?"
"Micah, what's going on? You're acting so strange!"
"WHAT YEAR IS IT?!"
He screamed. All of the other students looked at Micah. Tears formed in Tailor's eyes as the love was crushed.
"2026!"
She yelled back. Micah pivoted and slowly began walking towards the street.
15 years? Can it really do that?
He asked himself. He began crossing the street when a strange, red car came down the road. At an incredible speed, without recognition of Micah's presence, the car slammed into him at full speed. He died instantly.

Where am I?
Micah asked aloud. A blinding white light blurred his vision as he began to stand.
"Where do you think?"
A man questioned. Micah turned to face the voice, his eyes slowly regaining functionality.
"The last thing I remember is being hit by a car. Am I dead?"
He asked. The mysterious voice had been followed to a man Micah recognized.
"Micah, you have traveled through time. Do you not remember this place? It isn't your first visit."
Micah shook his head.
"No, stop it! Don't lie to me!"
Micah screamed in desperation, pointing at the man, who shifted in his relaxed, layed back sitting position. He was sitting on a white couch that matched the white room. No windows. Just a door at the end of the hallway.
"Huh, I thought I had already seen your first time here. I guess it's the whole paradox thing. I never really understood it, but in a few years you'll have a pretty good grasp on it."
He said. Micah stared at the door.
"What is this? Time travel?"
Micah asked. The man nodded.
"You were hit by a red car, right?"
He asked. Micah nodded.
"Man, this stuff is confusing. I'll let you figure it out. Since this is your first time, a few rules to time traveling."
The man began. Micah was confused and scared, but he listened intuatively.
"1. Never open the door."
He pointed over his shoulder to the door at the end of the hall.
"2. Never tell anyone you have traveled through time, unless they can be trusted. Otherwise they probably won't believe you, so it's pointless anyways."
Micah nodded.
"And 3."
The man paused and grinned.
"Protect your soul."
Micah churned his eyebrows.
"My soul?"
The room began to shake.
"Well, see ya' in about a week, kid."
The man said, standing up and kicking Micah in the stomach.

"What do you think about when it happens?"
Tailor asked. Micah thought for a brief period.
"Whatever the man and I talk about."
Micah answered.
"The man? There's someone there with you?"
"Yes, he sits on a couch in front of another couch. That's the one I sit in."
"What is he like?"
"He's mysterious and cool, and he's been doing his job for a long time, but he doesn't seem to care for it ma great deal."
Micah continued. Tailor was the first person Micah believed to be trust worthy. She was his love.
"What do you two talk about?"
"Well, all kinds of things. My world, my life, my friends."
"Does he not talk about himself?"
"I've asked, but he won't tell."
Tailor seemed upset and began to pout.
"I want to travel through time with you!"
She exclaimed. Micah smiled.
"I've never thought of trying that."
Tailored smiled back.
"Would the man get mad?"
She asked. Micah thought about it, and the rules the man had listed to him a year ago.
Rule 3: Protect your soul
Micah remembered destinctively the cruel and twisted face the man wore as he said it. Something sinister burned in that man's head as he said it. Micah often wondered the reasoning behind this, but he was afraid to ask. He grabbed Tailor's hand and said
"Are you ready? It's happening now."
The room shook, and before Tailor could answer, Micah was gone. Or really, he had arrived.
"You can't bring anyone else."
The man said upon his arrival. Micah sat down in his couch.
"Why not?"
He asked.
"If you could bring someone, they could have evil intensions, even if you don't see it. Nobody else, besides you, can be trusted here."
The man answered. Micah leaned forward, his face covered by shadows. He let a pause reign for several seconds.
"What is your name?"
Micah asked. The room began to shake. He cursed under his breathe.
"My name?"
The man said as he stood up. Micah did the same.
"They call me Death."
He said, launching a kick into Micah's stomach, sending him hurtling into a blast of water. He spread his arms and legs, kicking and spinning in a frenzy to break the surface of the water. In broad daylight, without a thing in sight, Micah realized he was far into the ocean. And he was alone.
© Copyright 2011 That Guy (r3c0nx5044 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1811778-Stranger-things-have-happened