*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1812271-The-Judgement
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Fiction · Adult · #1812271
How Amaranta got her immortality stripped form her.
She watched in annoyed impatience from her spot at the back of her army. The soft rain trickled down her face as she crossed her strong pale arms over her full chest as she witnessed the complete slaughter of her followers. Beautiful screams of terror and bloody demise filled her ears, the smell of carnage aroused her senses and the total energy about the battlefield sent coiled shivers up her tense back. Her perfectly symmetrical features were frozen in hard frustration.
She had lost.
Mara's hard blue eyes scanned over her ruined battle formations and dying soldiers. Her army was incomplete it would seem. She had the numbers, but lacked the skill in each being.
“FOR THE QUEEN!” She would hear every now and again, followed quickly by a scream of agony as a blade was sliced through their pathetically weak body.
They had promised her power, the power to conquer all. To be the Goddess of every plane of existence...but they lied.
Mara felt her blood run down her dainty fingers as her nails dug deep into her palms.
This cannot be happening...
A low growl bubbled in Mara's core, “This cannot be happening...” She said aloud as her hordes of acolytes began to diminish and were quickly forced back by the enemy forces.
The earth under her feet trembled with each explosion, each fall of her dead follower. Her large calculating eyes swept what was left of her army, debating what would cause the most destruction when the entire world around her suddenly stopped. She felt her mind spin with the sudden silence from the harsh battle cries and deafening explosions. She swayed dangerously with both hands grasping her head as her world came to a dizzying halt. From behind her, something stirred. She felt it in the air around her...sensed it through every pore in her body. She froze in place as the truth shot through her malefic mind; as a spear would have through the soft grey tissue of her brain. Clean and painful her reality came crushing down on her. It was the Mother of all who presented herself.
“They...promised. I...should have everything...” Thick, stinging tears clouded Mara's vision as she spoke to the being behind her.
They promised with lies. Only a fool would have listened.
Mara cringed as the strong, direct words scrambled her own thinking. She is not a fool...she was in control! This was not of her own doing...
My child...you were doomed from the beginning. Your greed has corrupted your soulless body more than the Void itself. You are a danger to not only those around you, but mainly to yourself.
Mara squeezed her head harder, as if trying to force the words out of her mind. She felt the small cracking of her skull snake under her palms and fingertips. “NO! No, that...that is untrue...” Mara growled, enraged by the painful lies and tried to spin to confront the being behind her.
You are UNWORTHY TO FACE ME! The voice screamed at her, causing Mara's knees to falter making her body crash down on all fours before she had a chance to fully turn.
Your ignorance is unacceptable! Your lack of respect disgusts me, Amaranta. The lives you have taken, have used for nothing but to fulfil your preposterous attempts of commanding shall not go unpunished. You DARED threaten me with such a pathetic force...with nothing controlling you but a disease.
“STOP IT!” Mara begged, sobbing streams of blood. “I..I NEED IT TO END!” Slipping from her ears, nose and mouth, her blood ran down her perfect pale face.
I shall condemn you, Amaranta St. Clair. Condemn you to mortality.
Mara's apology never surfaced after The Mother ruled her judgement. Instantly erupting from the ground around Mara's hunched form spilt billions of flesh eating insects. Pooling around her legs and arms, the insects crawled and slithered over her perfect skin in search for more succulent flesh. The low throb of pain was unnoticed by the undead Queen until the holy insects infested deep inside her body and ran within her veins. Mara screeched and helplessly tried to squish and rip the hungry beasts from her flesh; trying to dig them out of her muscles and veins with her bare hands. Blood and gore covered her hands and fingertips as strips of skin stuck under her fingernails. Her wails were hysterical as the flesh and cartilage around her knees, feet and calves were eaten away. She toppled sideways falling into the hordes of relentless insects shoulder first. She felt them crawl over her eyes, through her nose and within her ears before she began to shred her own face in gruesome panic. Mara's pathetic attempts at saving herself ended once the pain over her body disappeared and her world went black. Her nerves were ablaze, flaring over her entire frame as she was eaten alive. Mara’s perfect body began to crumble and disappear, jerking reflexively as the insects invaded her brain until she was perfectly still. Every once of her being...every single damned cell from her body asides from her bones themselves were digested. With the world around her still paused in mayhem, organs began to sprout within her skeletal figure. Starting with only one cell, her brain, lungs and even her heart began to grow. Miles of veins snaked over and around new forming muscle tissue throughout her core and into her limbs. Lastly, her sun-kissed skin spread over her new body, covering her new body.
No longer was Mara the pale unworldly goddess of torture and dominance. But now, Mara was nothing but human. Her punishment was to be plainly mortal till her natural life ends.
You will suffer, Amaranta. Suffer for the pain you have caused by knowing and feeling the full extent of your destruction. By remembering the agony around this universe you have created by your own hand.
Then the world around Mara commenced. The ground shook, being's died from both sides and eventually the war was won by the same people Mara was trying to defeat.
Left in the blood soaked earth, Mara lied unmoving until a lonely soldier realized she was still alive and breathing several hours after the chaos had died down. Lying naked with a black robe about her body, Mara was unknown as their enemy and taken to the nearest medical tent for observation.
© Copyright 2011 Aurora Céu (livetolove at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1812271-The-Judgement