*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1812617-The-Cell
by Bea
Rated: 13+ · Fiction · Other · #1812617
These characters are from long ago, meet Adolf, an anthromophic mouse slowly going insane.
Adolf sat grimly in his stone prisoned cell, the moisture from the stone dripping all around him to the point where he hardly noticed it now. On occassion he found himself scratching his blotchy black and pink nose, still dripping from the years of harsh treatment and nary a warm blanket to hide under.
A door opened down the hall and his torn and beaten ears pricked as the warden came walking down the long and winding passages of criminals. An uproar of distaste and foul curses rained from the inmates as dogs barked and bob cats snarled echoing threats to the higher command.
Adolf stood weakly on his bound legs and paced about in his small, hardly 6x6 cell and walked, his mind calculating how long he had been here. Actually, he could hardly remember why he was here in the first place.
His tail hung loosely from the rustic iron bars and twitched in agony as something with white paws and black nails grasped it, and began to gnaw noticably.
"Scabs!" Adolf bellowed and wretched his tail from the mouth of a neighboring mouse, then regretted it instantly when he noticed how his cry echoed though the cells.
A hoarse cackled replied and the bent muzzle of the albino mouse poked into sight from outside. True to the name his muzzle was covered in greasy white fur and patched with gross and puss filled red scabs. He was declared insane and often scratched himself into festering tantrums of scabs. "Ello, Adolf." his large teeth curved into a grin.
"What is it?" Adolf bent down on his hands and knees, hardly aware of the damp fluid that seeped into his tathered pants.
The foul breath of the mouse smelled of rot and decay, "I know a way out." He wheezed.
"You do?" Adolf whispered like nails scraping sandpaper, and backed away quickly, his yellow nails pulling at the crumbling cement wall that seperated them. The debris fell away and clouded Adolf's vision. When it cleared a hole was before him, and slowly twisting through was the greasy muzzle of Scabs.
The albino was gut wrenching by sight, as his two foremost teeth extended well below his jaw from years of mis-use and were stained an eerie yellow. Adolf often pondered the thought of holding his maw still and cutting the bone from Scab's skull.
But for now was content with straining to hear the broken and muffled speach of  his mysterious friend.
© Copyright 2011 Bea (xbeathesheenx at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1812617-The-Cell