*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1814528-Stressful-life
Rated: · Short Story · Other · #1814528
Life of a sressful manager
    Ugh!! I'm sick and tired of angry customers and disrespectful employees. Nothing good comes out of my job, naothing. Let me tell you the story of my worst day at work.
    My name is Charley Coleman  and I'm the manager and owner of a local store, Sparkle. Today was going good, I got my orders in on time, found out my store was doind really good financially, and it was pretty busy.  I had run the cash register because we were short on staff, but I didn’t mind.
    I was in the middle of checking someone out when I heard my newest employee arguing with a customer. I had to stop what I was doing so I could see what was going on.
    “What’s the problem here, Jeff?” I asked sternly.
    “This young lady said that this bread is 50% off so I asked Jamie if she could go see if it was, because it wasn’t coming up on the computer saying it was on sale. Jamie came back and said it wasn’t, the cinnamon bread was not this one. So I’m trying to tell her that it’s not on sale but she won’t listen, he said in a mad voice.
    “Just give her the sale price. Maybe she thought it looked like it was on sale. Next time, instead of arguing just calls me over and I’ll handle it. This is unacceptable you arguing with a customer. Don’t do this again!” I replied in a stern but nice voice.
    I went back to checking out customers when an old man came up to me and started yelling at me, “this expires today, this expires tomorrow and this expired yesterday. Also you are out of 1% milk again. Every time I come here you are always out. Don’t you place orders?!?!
    “Yes sir we do, all of our orders came in this morning. Almost everyone buys that milk, it’s not our fault. Please sir just calm down. I guess one of our workers forgot to get these out of the pile. Since you have brought this to my attention, I will find you some that aren’t expired and give them to you half price,” I said calmly with a smile on my face.
    “No I don’t want your discounts, all I want is the milk for my wife,” he yelled walking out of the store.
    “Wow. I don’t know how much I can take, it’s too stressful,” I thought to myself.. Things calmed down for about and hour when all of the sudden, my best employee comes up to me with an angry look on his face, “I’m sorry sir but I can’t handle all of these angry customers anymore.
    “You’re my best employee though, without you the others will fall apart. I’ll give you a raise, anything. Please stay,” I said begging.
    “With all do respect sir, no. I have another job and I start tomorrow. I’m sorry sir, I really am,” He said quietly.
    “Okay,” I said, “It’s your life; do whatever you feel is right. Thank you for your time working with us and we will all miss you.”
    “Thank you,” he said as he walked out the door.
    So there you have it, Jeff yelling at a customer, me getting yelled at and my best worker quitting. I never thought my job could be so difficult!

© Copyright 2011 Princess Lover (princesslover at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1814528-Stressful-life