*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1814690-Daughter-of-Darkness
Rated: 18+ · Fiction · Death · #1814690
The only thing waiting is madness for the Daughter of Darkness.
Born in hell,

A story to tell.

Centuries of causing pain has now taken effect,

Her heart will break under the pressure of guilt,

Such a sore sight.

She longs for light

But it will for ever be out of reach.

The only thing waiting is madness,

For the Daughter of Darkness




Prologue



Her black hair soaked with blood blew lightly in the wind. Her red eyes stood out against her deathly pale skin as she stared down at her witnesses.



          They were twins, a boy and a girl. Both had brown hair and brilliant blue eyes which both shared the equal amount of fear and shock within them.



          The twins held onto each other in fear, however they did not need to. The black haired girl was not going to harm them. How could she? After what they did for her she could never harm them. The reason why she is covered in blood was for their sake, not hers. It was just so hard for her to make them see it like that because of what she had just done.



          A black cat rubbed against the girls legs whilst a robin sat on her right shoulder. The girl didn’t react to their touch. They were her familiars, protectors, guards. Her friends. Brina and Asim.



          The boy looked at the girl with confusion. His mouth opened to say something but nothing came out. He tried to think of something, anything, to say to this girl. The girl who he thought he had known for the past couple of months. The innocent girl who wouldn’t harm a fly. The girl who he helped with her homework.



          Though, he knew that girl was a lie. She wasn’t who she said she was. She’s evil. Nothing more to it.

          The girl put her two hands out to help her friends up, though they mistook her friendly gesture for an offensive tactic and shuffled away in fear.



          “Get the hell away from us!” The brown haired girl screamed, grabbing a stone in defence. “Your fucking murderer! You liar! You maniac!”



          The black hair girl simply stared at her, hands still out for them to take. She didn’t move, not even blink. She would stay like that until either they take her hand or get up on their on behalf.



          The boy’s bottom lip quivered. He knew that being taller and having a better build than the girl he should be able to defend himself and his sister. However, this girl wasn’t normal. She was like… like something from Hell.



          The brown haired girl began to whimper in fear as the girl kept staring at her. She screamed in frustration and threw the rock at the black haired girl, hitting her forehead.



          Blood trickled down her face, adding more bloodstains onto her already bloody body. She didn’t seem to mind. It was like she didn’t even feel pain.



          The brown haired girl thought that by doing this then she would react, but she didn’t even move a muscle.



          Realizing that there was nothing that could be done, the brown haired girl cowered into her brother. “Please do something, Ryan,” she whispered to him gently. “I don’t want to die!”



          The boy, Ryan, looked at his sister and gulped slightly. He turned and looked at the black haired girl. He put on a brave face and stood up shakily.



          Being a hero was not something that Ryan liked to be. In fact, his biggest pet peeve was someone trying to be a hero when they clearly were not. Ryan knew he was no hero.



          He tried to keep his balance and not shake. He had shown fear in front of the black haired girl before and all he could think about was how much of a wimp he must look. Not today. Today he was going to be strong, for his sisters sake.



          Though he never thought that he would have to act this way towards the girl. No. He thought that he would defend her, not fight her. This is all wrong.



          Ryan tried to think of this all as a horrible nightmare. He shouldn’t have watched The Ring before going to sleep. This was the cause of his nightmare. His friend would be sleeping in his sisters room peacefully instead of being a psychotic serial killer.

          He knew that his theory wasn’t true.



          The black haired girl watched him with both curiosity and sadness. It saddened her for them to see her as an enemy. Everyone always did in the end. They saw her as a horrible, cold-hearted killer. Same old story.



          She stood up and straightened her position. Her hauntingly beautiful face was emotionless compared to her eyes. Her red eyes showed her true feelings on this situation.



          Ryan pursed his lips and stared angrily at her. “Why?” he asked, bitterness detecting in his word. “Why didn’t you tell us that you were… this?!?” He gestured to the burning trees, the bloody floor of the forest and the guts and body parts of those she killed.



          The black haired girl didn’t say anything. She looked down at her shoes and held her tongue.



          The silence wasn’t to Ryan’s liking. He found his anger now hard to hold back. “Why did you endanger me and Ava?” he shouted, taking a step forward threateningly. “Out of fun? Out of curiosity?” No answer. “God damn it, Aille! You killed all those people as if they were nothing more than ants! Who does that? What the hell are you? A soulless monster?”



          “Yes,” Aille whispered in a soft voice, though the twins were still startled. “I am a soulless monster.”



          Tears of rage filled her eyes. His words hit her hard. She never thought Ryan, of all people, would call her a monster. It’s not her fault that she killed all of those things to save them!



          She looked up, her eyes dark with fury. Her hands were indulged with flames which startled Brina and Asim.



          Brina crawled away into the shadows away from her mistress whilst Asim flew away. They would keep close however in case their Mistress got out of control.



          Aille placed her right hand close to the side of her neck and glared at the twins who were now staring at her with fear in their eyes. “Let me show you what soulless monsters do!”



          Ryan’s eyes widened as he realized what she was going to do. He turned around sharply and reached out for his sister. “Run, Ava! She‘s going to-” his warning was cut short as his world was corrupted with fire…

© Copyright 2011 Nightmares and Crimson Tears (moonlightpearl at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1814690-Daughter-of-Darkness