*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1815294-Unseen-Worlds-Prologue
Rated: E · Chapter · Fantasy · #1815294
The prologue to a short story I'm writing about faerytales magic and the beginning of time
Prologue   
                           



        Far far beyond the world of you and I, deep set in the heart of faery- the  crimson poppy garden of queen forget me not lies with it's golden ladders of never ending reach, and the clearest blue skies in all the lands of Fae: In that place there are trees that scatter to their own destinations with the changing of the seasons with roots that slide out of the earth and the great glass castle of Emperors that remains unfixed in time, it too moves as the winds are set to embrace each arrival of the gleaming solstice.
            The creatures and animals speak and are the guardians of these hidden places- furthermost worlds that exist in a hourglass, seen in pristine clarity. And as the seasons darken and turn to Autumn, the rains appear and break on the land- each raindrop holding a melody. But in a spit second, even before you've had time to blink you may find yourself somewhere else altogether. Whip your head around, take a three quarter  turn and you will find yourself at the beach of lost memories which has the whitest sands twinned together with a glistening emerald sea
            In the olden times when the lands were just shaping and swelling on the newly formed horizons, many a brave ship would try to cross the treacherous waters- lured on as they were by it's undeniable beauty and tranquility they set off from the newly built docks, waving farewell to their loved ones and friends only to disappear into the swirl of the ivory mists beyond but they were captured already in death by the curse spun on that fateful water. And nevermore would those valiant hearts be seen by a single living soul. Their stories and those of their land dwelling counterparts are the subjects of these long-forgotten tales, told here as remaining tangible evidence of the world of faery and it's magic.....
© Copyright 2011 Snow White (daeneirah at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1815294-Unseen-Worlds-Prologue