*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1816160-Thoughts-and-quips
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: NPL · Other · Other · #1816160
Just random musings.
Is it the duty of the elders to guide youth through experience or youth to guide the old through insight and exuberance?
I say YES.

We're not too big to fail, after-all we feed the hungry and cure the sick in other parts of the world.... But what about here? At home?
Ah but it's not so easy here. There we can send people and everyone will know "They are to be trusted, they are from THERE."
Then what about here?
You see, here we'd have to tell everyone "We are giving this money to these people to feed the hungry, clothe and house the impoverished, and educate everyone."
I don't see a problem with that.
The problem is that once people hear that we're giving money to those that don't work for it they say "Hey! I worked for that and you're giving it to someone else?"
Yeah! Why are you giving my money away?
But here's the real kicker: That money, you already gave it to them.
What? I don't remember giving anyone money.
Ah, but you did. Look at the bottom of your pay stub. See those three little letters? T-A-X That's them.
OH! HEY! Why do I have to give my money away!
Calm down, I know you're upset but stop, take a breath and think really hard about it.
Ok...
I'm going to take you through a series of questions, it may seem round-about but hopefully you'll see the explanation behind taxes through it.
© Copyright 2011 Nekochan (nekochan at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1816160-Thoughts-and-quips