*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1816395-Bargons-pub
Rated: 13+ · Fiction · Fantasy · #1816395
a look at a all species pub.
Writer's note: This is an idea that have been turning around in my head. I'm not sure where this would lead to. Reviews will be greatly appreciated.
              ><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>><>><>                           
It was mid morning on Hercon. The city was busy as normal as it's Six thousand inhabitants were going along their own business. The greenery surrounding the buildings hid the fact that Hercon was a busy metropolis city, home to human, magical beings like trolls,elves, dwarfs, fairies, demons, angels,and lycanthropes of many kinds and vampires, warlocks and witches and necromancers.

In the last thousands of years man has discovered they were not alone and the different kinds live in a fragile illusion of peace. There were rules that all followed in trying to keep the peace. Magick and weapons were under strict guidelines allowed. The policing force that enforced the laws consisted out of all the peoples.

But as always seemed the case prejudices kept most groups from mingling too closely. They might have worked together and might even live in mixed neighborhoods but rarely really mixed with groups other than their own. There were places where humans only were allowed and others where only non humans were allowed. Other places discouraged anyone that was not vampire to visit.

Down town in one of the mixed zones a delivery van was delivering goods to a pub. Sarah shifted the weight of the bag of potatoes on her shoulder and carried into the kitchen. It was the last of the stock for Bargon's pub. She paid the human that brought their order and watched the cheeky youth drive away. She wondered absent minded how he would have reacted to her if he knew she was not human. The young lycanthrope smiled slightly. She may look very human but she was a wolf.

She could not believe that she had this job. The true blood elf that owns Bargon was well known for his dislike for any species other than his own. The fact that his pub was a well known all species hang out was viewed with great irony. In fact on the seven strong staff there was only two elves.

Sarah entered the main drinking area of the pub via the joining door connecting it to the kitchen. Bargon Silver leaf was busy packing several bottle of liquor away. "Sarah, may i help you?", he asked her half smiling. In answer she gave him the receipt for the kitchen stock. Then rushed back to the kitchen as a very musical voice called her name.

Bargon saw the human policeman sitting on the other side of the bar follow her departing figure with appreciation. Sarah was not a  petite girl, she was athletic in build, her figure was not skinny nor overweight. She was strong and he has seen a man twice the auburn haired girl's size  leave during an argument when her grey greenish eyes met his. Sarah was no troublemaker but if trouble found her she could handle herself.

Bargon again looked at the sketch the officer has handed him a while ago. "I have not seen him but i will call you if he shows up", he said. He handed the sketch back to the officer. The black haired elf watched the Officer leave and frowning returned to sorting out his bar stock. In a few hours the night crowds would descend on them.

© Copyright 2011 Kayna-amy (kayna-amy at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1816395-Bargons-pub