*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1817106-My-story-the-beginning
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Fantasy · #1817106
Short fast and supposed to be humorous.
When I was 25, I went outside one evening in july wearing my T-shirt and my boxers. They had told me that this evening would be an exceptionally good evening for watching shooting stars.
It was, the sky was clear and the sight of the stars marvelled me. I could see severel star constallations.
The air was cool and fresh and I drew a deep breath and gazed at the beautifull univers.
Then suddently I saw a shooting star followed by three others. Though these other three didn't fly in the same direction, they seemed to be flying straight towards me. I stood there watching when they seemed to flash in a bright blinding light, that made me protect my eyes with my hand. When I removed my hand again to look the light were gone, but so was everything else. Everything were black, and I thought No I've gone blind and I panicked starting to move around fumbling with my hands in front of me, then I felt sudden heat all around me and I felt myself fall unconsious.

I woke up by the sounds of birds whisteling and trees whisling in the wind. And the ground felt cold against my cheek. I started to open my eyes, and felt better when I could see. I rose and looked around first checking that I really could see, and when I realized that I could see, I started noticing my sorroundings. I was in a forest, a pine forest, I pinched my self trying to assure that this was a dream. But the pain made me let go of that idea, and I yelled out in pain. Not from the pinch, no but from the pine needle that I seemed to have stepped on with my bare foot, oh my! I told myself, I pulled out the needle, and looked around trying to figure out what in the world had happened to me? I hadn't been drinking that much wine I was sure, I only had three glasses.
I looked down on my body and became even more amazed. I was standing in the middle of some unknown pine forest in my boxers and my T-shirt, and nothing else, that it self was strange but what was even more strange was that on each my arm were three burns and on each of my legs were also three, now we are not talking about six burns put together, no! but three on each limb... And they all looked exactly the same. Quickly I looked down my boxers, but was somewhat relieved that there werent three burns down there too.
I drew a quick breath, and looked around me still puzzled about where I were? Then twenty meters away I herd and saw an animal walk by, that made me nervous, it was a wolf, I froze.
After standing there for what seemed like a day, but probably only was an hour, I started moving my leg, I had to! I got a cramp. I fell on the ground swearing words that I didn't even know was in my vocabulary.
When the cramp wore a bit off, I looked around for something to defend myself with, and found a good stick, this I thought is perfect, it will help me releive my cramped leg while walking to where I don't know, and I can use it to stab or slap some unknown foe or wolf. I grinded the tip on a stone making it quite sharp pointed.
I got up and walked around, and soon the leftover pain from the cramp wore off. I walked on stepping over fallen logs and large stones, the forest itself seemed enormous, I had been walking for hours and I felt suddently stupid about walking away from the place where I woke up, not because it might be a good Idea if someone would be looking for me no! But because I could have spared me the trouble of walking for so long, realizing I had been walking in circles and was exactly at the place I started. I sat down swearing again, then after a while of selfpity I rose and walked with the sun at my back, thinking that should help me because I would then be somewhat walking in the same direction that the sun were rising. Brilliant Idea!, except it was so late in the afternoon that the sun was already on its way down, errm! behind me. But oh well! I though at least I'm not walking in circles and I wont get blinded by having the sun in my eyes so I walked on.
It got darker and darker and I realized that it was about time to find a place to lay down and sleep, and try to start a fire if possible. Because I started hitting severel trees walking around in complete darkness.
I felt around the ground for something to make a fire with but found none, except I found something soft and warm and furry, so I thought "ahh a place to bed!" And I layed down and fell a sleep.
When I woke up in the morning I regretted sleeping there, it seemed that I was laying in a nest of a skunk family. Well at least they werent smelly, so I jumped up and ran a bit, after a few minutes of running I took a swim, not volunterely but since I was already in a lake I'd might aswell just take one, so I swam a bit, looking up at the ledge from where I had fallen in to the water thinking I shouldn't go running about in unknown lands like that, its pure suicide!
Well I drank some water and got back on shore, I walked along the lake and after a while I found an old fireplace, not a morally good sight, because the guy that had made the fire was just sitting there stiff and old bones. I looked around and found some strange clothes, man no wonder he died wearing clothes like that, they were very itchy and rough! Well better than walking around in boxers and a T-shirt.
I also found an axe and a sword.. Now this puzzled me, I would have brought a gun instead of a sword, but oh well! I though atleast its a weapon. So I picked it up, and looked around for some matches, but I had no luck finding any. I found a strange peace of steel and a small stone and that made me think of sparks, so I tried it, but it was a very bad idea, the old skeleton went up in flames, so dry were he. So I just left, and walked on, now wearing clothes an axe a sword a bedroll, and offcourse my new loyal walkingstick!

© Copyright 2011 Nautilus (martin130276 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1817106-My-story-the-beginning