*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1817108-The-Wrath-of-the-Dragon-Lady
Rated: E · Short Story · Children's · #1817108
The story about a little girl suffering the Dragon Lady's wrath.
Once upon a time there was this little girl. She loved to read books, and therefore visited her local school library everyday. There was the nicest lady working there who would always recommend new books every time she visited and would allow her to check out more books than she was allowed, just because she knew the little girl would return them on time. But one day, the lady disappeared, and in place was the Dragon Lady. The Dragon Lady didn't like little girls who loved to read books, so she was mean and rejected the idea of exceeding any book limits. The little girl got impatient, finally asking her friend, "What happened to the nice lady?" The Dragon Lady overheard this, and became angry, breathing fire over all who tried to talk to her. She decided to take revenge on the little girl by claiming to have checked out the little girl's selections for the week but not actually. Therefore, every time the little girl tried to leave the library, she set the alarm off, but still was ushered to move on to class. This happened for weeks until the little girl went on a trip with her family to a magical land of books in the jungle of P-town. On the very top floor, there was a mysterious room which had a sign saying, "Rare Book Room". Fascinated, the little girl entered, immediately marvelling over the massive amount of books which were centuries old and were practically falling apart. Little did the girl know, in her backpack she was wearing was one of the library books from her school. After an hour passed of maniacal reading, the little girl became tired and wished to go explore other parts of the jungle, so she exited the Rare Book Room. Too bad there were sensitive alarms around the doorways, so of course, the library book set off the alarms. The little girl, panicking, was almost tackled by gigantic monster guards, having her backpack searched and having the living daylights scared out of her. Fortunately she was allowed to continue on looking in the store, but since then, the little girl hasn't touched a book from her school library and will never ever read a book again.

The End.
© Copyright 2011 Allichan (allichan93 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1817108-The-Wrath-of-the-Dragon-Lady