*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1817193-invaded
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Wodahs
Rated: 13+ · Other · Drama · #1817193
The night my life changed forever due to a trespasser and my rifle.
         I was sitting on the porch with a friend drinking a couple of beers and stepped off to the bushes to urinate. I saw a silouette of a man to my left behind a neighboring bush. I focused harder on the dark figure it was indeed a man. I walked back to the porch and told my friend what i had seen and he told me to go get the gun. My friend yelled and threatened the man in an attempt to motivate the individual to vacate. I grapped the rifle out of the back room and rushed back to the porch. The man was still standing there. I raised the gun up and pointed it at a pine tree 2 feet to the left of the figure and shot a round off. Then man ran into the darkness.          
         Later that night i was sitting in the hall way smoking a "left handed cigarette" and i heard a noise coming from the back door. I got up and grabbed the rifle, this time having it in reach just in case the intruder would return. I aimed the rifle down the hallway leading to the back door. The figure apeared again, this time with a sawed off shotgun in his right hand. I made my choice, I drew my rifle up put the crosshairs on his chest and pulled the trigger. The man fell to the floor weezing and coughing. I knew what i had done, I killed a man. The figure stumbled to his feet and ran out the back door. I called the police and told them what had happened but thewasnt alot of blood in the hallway. The police thought i was hilucinating. I finally went to sleep after the police vacated and when i awoke the next morning i stepped out the backdoor to smoke a cigarette. Blood dripped off the roof onto my shoulder. I climbed the porch and lifted my self onto the roof and there he was, dead and bleeding out.
© Copyright 2011 Wodahs (smathmanking at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1817193-invaded