*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1817302-A-deaths-dream
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Action/Adventure · #1817302
Short story of a man
Am I awake or am I asleep? The strange buzzing noise chimes through one ear to the other. What is it? Why can't I move? Why can't I see? It's as if I'm stuck at the bottom of a container, restricted of movements but have the conscious of being awake. The rough and rigorous noise seem to come and go, sometimes getting louder and sometimes being low, like a whisper crawling in my ears. The sensation is unbearable!

"Move, damn you! Move!"
As hard as I try, gathering all my inner strength and will, it was impossible to even move a centimeter of my body. Then at last, with the buzz coming to an end, a bright light scorches and sears onto the skin of my face and a image appears before me.

"Are we awake now?" said the in the man with a grey bowler hat.
He was a strange man, with a strange abnormal smile. If I had to describe it, it was a smile that gave you chills, a smile that you hope he wasn't smiling to, yes, to put it simply, it was a smile he would have just before he took the last breath of his prey, a smile of death. In that split second, I knew I was in great danger. It was as if I was a rat, trapped in a cage with the king cobra himself, looking down upon me.

"Here, let me help you."The man takes a piece of cloth out of his pocket and washes the blood dripping out from my left shoulder. A surge of unspeakable pain rushes through my whole body, a pain which can put a man in a state of unconsciousness, a pain which was the result of my initial state of darkness.

"Who are you? And why am I wounded?"
The man looks at me puzzled and then smiles.

"What's this? Are you trying to play games with me now?" The man steps back and puts his fingers upon his chin. "Are you trying to tell me that you've forgotten the whole ordeal which occurred a few minutes ago?" A laugh comes spraying in the corner of the room. It was familiar laugh, a laugh which put warmth and comfort into my quivering heart. With every strength of my body, I turn to see another man, laying on the floor covered in blood.

"Ha! Daestro thought of everything! Such a brilliant man he is! I could never understand him and his doings, but I see he made a wise choice in putting a little "insurance" in case a scene like this were to ever occur."

The man with the gray bowler hat turned to the corner and walked slowly towards the half dead corpse lying on his back. He then took out something from his left pocket; a shiny silver pocket watch, a very old and yet refined piece of antique. A shimmer of light came through the darkness from the surface of the tiny object, it was a reflection of light, caving in through the slightly opened creaks of the metal gate. The man kept walking while tossing the old pocket watch up and down in the air, hoping to catch the attention of the half dead man.

"Have you ever wondered how I found you and your men?" asked the man with the bowler hat, with a smile across his face.
"You see, I found this in possession of a certain woman that you might know of. She tried so hard to conceal the fact about how she knew the whereabouts of a certain man I've been looking for." The man opens the pocket watch and drops it on the floor.
"A present I presume?"

The man lay silent and stare at the watch for a few moment and coughs out blood from his mouth, then turns and look straight in the eyes of the devil and laughs.

"And what's this suppose to be?" said the dying man.
"Don't play dumb with me, old friend. This was a present you gave to the woman. Awfully a bit old fashion, isn't it?"
© Copyright 2011 DreamWisp515 (a-lostdream515 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1817302-A-deaths-dream