*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1817751-Suddenly-She-Decides-to-Slam-the-Door
Rated: E · Prose · Drama · #1817751
A woman with a wounded heart, but with an assertive mind...
Suddenly, She Decides to Slam the Door


She has never imagined how life would be without him. At some point, she could not even tell if she was in love with him or in love with the whole idea. A little bit of romance, phone calls late at night, instant fights early in the morning over trivial stuff, dreams to be fulfilled... she thought of it all while gazing out of the window watching sunset. "Love is nothing but infatuation," she thought at once while remembering those early stages of being totally charmed and enchanted.

Was she the same person back then? She guessed not. Floating like a cloud, or was it like a soap bubble made out of nothing, attractive as it always looks, yet so quick and blows up in no time?

Yes, it was an illusion and she was too weak to realize that so quickly. As the bubble vanished, she was back to reality. She was back to her senses. What was left? Nothing. Absolutely, nothing.

Her dreams? There were not any. Her life companion to-be was much smarter, but did not have the guts to say it out loud. As most men do, they fear loss. He did fear loss. Every time he thought of the chance of losing her, he was going crazy. How boring a life could be for a man without arms holding him so tight whenever he needs one! Guilty as he sometimes felt, he unconsciously revealed the truth before her eyes.

"And I took the bait.." she said with a smile of absolute relief mixed up with a sense of bitterness. "I was a man enough to slam the door and save what was left of my soul..," she said it out loud, then took no time to see where the territories would take her on that lonesome evening.
© Copyright 2011 Noha H. Rahhal (noha21 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1817751-Suddenly-She-Decides-to-Slam-the-Door