*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1817982-Strange
Rated: 13+ · Chapter · Personal · #1817982
Chapter i Rookie's Entrance
"Hey, Squibs!"
I whispered. Squibs refused to turn, blankly starring out the window. His head lightly rested on his arm, which pressed against his desk.
"Leave him be, he's got something."
Will said to me, nudging me. When I looked at him, he nodded to Squibs, signalling for me to watch him. When I turned my head again to face him, I was suprised. Squibs was writing. Without pause, he continued, easily filling a page in seconds. He flipped it and immediantley began the next.
"Squibs drifts inside his head for awhile, visualizing a story. That's how he writes."
Will explained. I smiled and watched in amazement. By the end of the period, Squibs had completed the 10 page essay just assigned to us and a 50 page story.
"Squibs, that's awesome! Can I read it?"
I asked. Will put his hand on my back.
"Hey Rookie, can I see you for a second?"
He pulled me aside as the class flooded out the exit door.
"What's up, Will?"
Asked I. It was only my second day, but on my first day I recieved the nickname 'Rookie' for being new.
"I need to fill you in on the entire crew setting."
He answered. I nodded and followed him out the door.
"You know Squibs and I, but there are alot of others in the group too. Have you met Micah?"
He asked. I replied
"No, but I heard Nick mention him. He's supposed to be the leader, right?"
"Exactly. So you've met Nick, then?"
"Yeah, he rides my bus."
When we reached the cafeteria Will showed me to our table. There was a very strange cast of characters. Will pointed to the guy at the end of table. He was a freshman, like me. He had a short mohawk.
"This is Hawk."
Next, a very attractive, really short junior.
"Ducky."
A young man with long, chestnut-colored wavy hair that came down across his eyes sat next to Hawk.
"Brooklyn."
A large sophmore with enormous muscles was next, cuddled by Ducky. They were both sitting across from Hawk and Brooklyn.
"Titan."
And finally he pointed to the freshman at the other end, sitting across from Squibs. I thought she was the most beautiful thing I had ever seen. She was wearing a thin, pink hoodie.
"And last but not least, we have Hoodie."
Everyone looked over at me.
"Hey guys, this is Rookie. He's the new guy."
The all waved and nodded, saying "hey" in their own unique ways. I smiled and waved back.
"Hey guys."
I said warmly. Everyone was different in one way or another, and it felt amazing to be here, until I looked at Will. He had a pained expression on his face. I became confused, and trying to change his mood, I asked
"Where's Micah?"
I asked. Everyone became silent and emotionless. Squibs looked straight at me.
"He's in the hospital."
Said Squibs. Everyone remained quiet, except Squibs, who had determination crawling across his face.
"He has cancer."
© Copyright 2011 The Psychologist (grimtheory at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1817982-Strange