*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1818013-Matthew-Harris-Writing-Sample-6
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Other · Other · #1818013
Press release for event featuring Chairman of the FCC
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
August 4, 2011


ACCENT MARKETING SERVICES ANNOUNCES CREATION OF 2,000 NEW BROADBAND ENABLED JOBS


JEFFERSONVILLE, Ind. (Aug. 4) – ACCENT Marketing Services, a member of the MDC Partners Network and provider of customer engagement solutions, announced today that it pledges to create 2,000 new jobs as a founding member of the jobs4america coalition. Federal Communications Commission Chairman Julius Genachowski announced the launch of the coalition at an event held on the construction site of the future home of ACCENT’s Jeffersonville, Indiana, engagement center.

The jobs4america coalition is comprised of forward-looking business leaders and groups committed to creating a combined 100,000 U.S. contact center jobs over the next two years. These members are challenging companies big and small to join in the campaign to help invest in America and utilize broadband technology to create more American jobs.

“We are in the midst of a broadband evolution that is transforming the notion of the traditional contact center,” said ACCENT CEO Tim Searcy. “Thanks to advancements brought about by the FCC under Chairman Genachowski’s leadership, ACCENT is creating 2,000 new jobs that will utilize broadband technology to enable multichannel customer service across phone, online and social media. Through the expansion of broadband, our engagement specialists now have the flexibility to perform these new jobs at an engagement center or through connectivity at home.”

Once completed in March 2012, ACCENT will move its existing customer engagement operations from its current New Albany location to the new facility on Veterans Parkway in Jeffersonville. The state-of-the-art facility will house a specialized training area to educate at-home engagement specialists and manage them using Voice Over Internet Protocol and other cloud-based technologies. The company estimates that at least half of the new jobs pledged will be for at-home engagement specialists. The remaining 1,000 jobs will be created across the company’s nine locations in Indiana, Missouri, Arkansas, Louisiana, and Florida.

As part of the announcement, Chairman Genachowski met with members of area businesses and toured the construction site before joining Searcy, Coalition Executive Director Jim Kohlenberger and American Teleservices Association Vice Chairman Mark Boehmer to officially launch the coalition.
© Copyright 2011 MatthewHarris (matthewharris at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1818013-Matthew-Harris-Writing-Sample-6