*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1818224-Saving-a-room-for-disappointment
Rated: E · Essay · Family · #1818224
Don't feel like a bd guy for preparing for the worst when it comes th marriage these days.
Saving a room for disappointment

So you’re set on taking that infamous stroll down the isle , the excitement is so consuming that there is a constant tingling feeling of butterflies in your tummy with the promise of happily ever after feels well within you grasp. Not to throw a spanner at works here but this is the time when most of us are most vulnerable to buying into many a delusion.



Taking a good look at the statistics alone provides sufficient grounding for my argument that pumping on some hurdles or grinding to a screeching halt down the track is just as much a probability. With the publicly known fact that 40% of marriages end divorce it’s something of surprise that far too many people are dead set against the very idea of prenuptial agreements. Main reason being “not wanting to jinx the fate of the holly matrimony” or viewing it as an abbyscimal sacrilege.



The cold reality is it is not just yourself you are looking to in upholding sanctity of your union. And can you ever really get to know somebody? An answer without any spec of denial or delusion would have to be no. Yes, the very person you think of as your knight and shining amour or the apple of your eye could easily turn into your worst nightmare.



With financial reasons mostly highlighted as the major cause of doom for marriages, it is pretty apparent that that a marriage contract is not that different from a business one and hence a great deal of foresight is called for before binding yourself to such a contract.Te happy ending you have your sights set on may probably not see you running off to the sunset and living happily ever but see a third party or lurking behavioral disorder creeping to the surface and subsequently see that thin line between love and hate dissipate into thin air.



Wouldn’t it be a rather wise move the extent of the damage if the worst were to happen? Seal yourself against a storm that might be looming because we need to face it folks, maintaining the notion that love and logic are mutually exclusive concepts more often than not gets us sticking it out even the most toxic not to mention most self compromising of relationships. I may be all for better and for worst but it need not be at the expense of ones own happiness. And in as much as those vows are made with the best intentions at the time, the real world presents no certainties and the situations that will call for calling things if are likely to creep up. Even if the parting of ways is by amicable and mutual agreement, what better way of showing affection than to put measures in place that the glitches to the process are kept to the minimal?



So if you give it enough thought, prenuptial agreements are not the enemy and the bearer of doom as mostly perceived. But are merely tools to ease the burden when tragedy pays an unsolicited visit. Just bear in mind we live in the world of uncertainties so exploring just about any escape rout you can think of may just come in handy. You may live to pat yourself on the shoulder for it. And if you have been lucky enough to have met you perfect match well, better safe than sorry.







© Copyright 2011 Tsepang (tsepang at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1818224-Saving-a-room-for-disappointment