*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1818711-Tales-of-Valkyria-Part-1
Rated: NPL · Fiction · Fantasy · #1818711
Tales of Valkyria: A tale filled with struggles, hope, love, joy, deception and more.
Tales of Valkyria - Act 1

 
         Under the cover of night, a lonely old man was walking down a winding road towards a bright glistening city. He heard sounds of joy and laughter as he approached the city. He was accompanied a group of children all dressed in colorful garments. They quickly passed by him as if he weren't there, yet he felt a hint of joy deep within his heart. He entered the city and oh a delight it was to behold. People of different walks of life were partaking in a festivity of pleasantries and laughter; children were running around with either food or a few trinkets in their hands; peddlers and store were owners selling their wares and handing of a few good to one another; a large stage was set up near the plaza and the old man, seeing this, walked towards the simple stage.
 
         The place was packed with people and they all seem to not notice the old man. Then a few children gathered in front of the stage and sat on the sandy ground. Seeing this the old man cleared his throat and made a simple bowing gesture. "Good day to my beloved audience" said the old man in a fluid and clear voice, "I am pleased to stand before you and utter these words that would entertain and color ones life!" Then the people around the stage slowly gathered and joined the children in listening intently to the words of the old man. The old man cleared his throat once again and slowly hummed a soft tune. Then he paused and prepared for his coming tale...
 
 
In a land much like our own, there lived a multitude of people from different walks of life. This land is known as Valkyria. Valkyria is divided into 5 continents. These continents are named respectively: the Auronian Continent to the south, the Shildian Continent to the east, the Dranova Continent to the north, the Kalthos Continent to the west and the Isles of Algaria to the south. Each of these continents are home to the different races here on Valkyria; as well as the ruling families in Valkyria.
 
In the Auronian Continent, there lived the proud people of Ora; the realm of King Auron III and his wife, Queen Sarah Seculus. These people are masters of trade. The once small group of villages now transformed into a thriving metropolis with the House of Auron as its guiding hand.
 
In the Shildian Continent, there lived the resourceful and diverse people from the Tribes; the proud realm of the great chief Tristan Lockwood. These people are masters of the land as well as crafts. From a scattered group of nomads they quickly formed a society rivaled through out the east.
 
Next in the Dranova Continent, there stand three empires; the Draconian Empire, which is divided into both east and west, and the Lumina Ver to the Frozen North. The Draconian Empire, once united by a wise yet strict ruler, now divided into the Eastern Empire named Draconia; and the Western Empire named Granica, both ruled respectively by Queen Dahlia Anteflan to the east and King Daniel Anteflan to the west. The Draconian Empire, both the East and West, has a great mastery of the arts, science, weaponry, warfare and trade. The Draconian Empire controls the vast continent but the northern areas where the Lumina Ver banner stands. The Lumina Ver, a kingdom of strange folk who focuses primarily on magical arts. There leader, named Elizabeth Night, commands this small yet formidable race.
 
The Kalthos Continent is the home of the noble race of the Righteous Dominion, led by Lord Yawhen Terolio. The people of this honorable race are masters of combat. From settlers of a distant time, they slowly climbed up the ladder of life through countless sacrifices and lifetimes of combat.
 
Lastly the Isles of Algaria, home to the humble yet resilient people of Multhaz Ket, led by Baroness Valentina and her husband Gen. Richard Gray. These people are masters of the seas and trade. From a simple fishing village they slowly grew into a thriving kingdom with a huge knowledge of sea exploration and commerce by sea.

 
The old man surveyed his surrounding one last time. Almost the entire city was now his audience. From the onlookers inside their homes who are watching and listening intently to his tale to the very people were approaching the stage in order to get a glimpse of the strange story teller. The man, seeing this, made a faint smile before clearing his throat once again. "My dear people, the tale begins in the Capital City of Ora. In the home of a humble blacksmith and his son; who, in the end, will lead a life of heroism for Ora."
 
It was a sunny morning when a young lad left his home for an errand. He was a tall fellow, about five feet and a half; he has short dark hair; tanned skin; a face of a handsome man; and a body built for strength.


-----Under Construction: Writer's Block...I am in need to think and this is just a draft *Reading*.-----
© Copyright 2011 RedNico (writes_alot at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1818711-Tales-of-Valkyria-Part-1