*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1818930-Damiens-Time---The-Beginning
by Damien
Rated: E · Fiction · Fantasy · #1818930
The second part to my story of Damien.
Well, I guess that we should start this story where all good stories must. In the beginning, but unlike most stories, when I say "In the beginning" I really mean it !

    In the beginning, all was without form and void. The universe was a place of complete chaos. Existence, as we know it, could not have developed without guidance from an outside force. This guidance would come through a group of great beings. These beings would be known as the great gods of human civilization.  These beings would create life as we now know it.
    The first being that would have an impact on the creation of our universe, was the one known as Lucifer. Lucifer did not like the chaos of the universe. The chaos was dark, and the chaos was depressing. Lucifer wanted to make the universe a happier place, a place with light, a place where things could be seen , a place where order could come out of the chaos. Lucifer would have to spend a great deal of time pondering how to break the darkness, and chaos of the universe. His solution would be the greatest creation our universe has ever known.  All of the other great creations of the universe would be directly tied to this one great creation at the beginning of it all.
    Lucifer decided that he would place a great star in the midst of all of the darkness, and chaos. The star immediately brought light into this area of the universe that Lucifer had placed it in. This made Lucifer extremely happy. The universe was not as dark and depressing as it had once been. Lucifer decided to name the star that he had created The Morning Star, because he felt that it's creation would be like the dawning of a new morning upon the universe. Lucifer had created a great star, and given our new universe light amidst all of the chaos, and darkness. All was good.
    The creation of The Morning Star had an effect upon this area of the universe that Lucifer had not intended. The great star was so massive that it began to put out great amount of gravity amongst all of the chaos that surrounded it. Objects that had just been floating out aimlessly amongst all of the chaos, were pulled by this gravity, and started to surround The Morning Star. It was an extremely long, and extremely rough process, but eventually all of these objects began to revolve around the great star in stable orbits. Lucifer's creation of The Morning Star had indirectly led to the formation of our early solar system. Lucifer saw this and was happy because of it. All was good.
    Lucifer was overwhelmingly pleased with his creation of a light source that also served with a great unifying power of orbit inducing gravity. While Lucifer was still enjoying this creation, others among the great beings were looking at the objects that now orbited The Morning Star as their own chance to create something as great as Lucifer had created. When they approached Lucifer with their idea of creating upon the rocks that now orbited his Morning Star, he was surprised by their idea, but pleased by it as well. It looked as if his creation was now going to lead to several more creations taking place as well. Lucifer gladly agreed to let the others have their chance at creating upon the rocks that now orbited his great creation, but he first wanted to claim one of the rocks to protect for his own.
    Lucifer spent a great time studying the rocks that orbited his Morning Star before decided which one he was going to protect as his own. The rock that was closest to his star was just too hot for his personal tastes, so he ruled it out quickly. He also ruled out the rocks that were floating out furthest away from his Morning Star, because they were too cold for his personal tastes. He also ruled out two of the other floating rocks, because they were just too gaseous for his personal tastes.  This left the choices of three rocks that floated between the rock that was too hot for him, and the two rocks that were too gaseous for him. Lucifer could find no real reason to select any of the three rocks that he had narrowed it down to choosing for himself. He would end up just splitting the difference and taking the middle rock of the three. Lucifer had now chosen the orbiting rock that he wanted to protect for his own personal use. The others among the great beings who wanted to choose their own orbiting rocks, would now be free to do so.
© Copyright 2011 Damien (damiens-time at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1818930-Damiens-Time---The-Beginning