*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1819263-A-real-fright
by O.C.T
Rated: · Other · Other · #1819263
A young boy experienceds a halloween like never before
Let me tell you the story of a particular boy,truthfully said different than the others:both in apereance and in thought.
You see this boy,or rather this 21's century child was completely disspointed by todays world,as a whole.You see he was deeply influenced by all fantastical things.Let me be more precise:fantasi films,books:like Harry Potter.
Not only he loved reading and watching these type of movies and books ,he loved to belive that they were real.
His story begins in his home town,a little town witch name i cannot tell you because it is evading me but as soon as i'll renember it i will tell you.
If he looked to the sky he could see dragons,if he looked to the forests he could see elves,if he looked to the rivers and lakes he could see mermaids.
Everyday his parents whould drive him to school he could see the elves and fairies dancing throwout the forest and behind the strees.In class,when it was raining outside he could hear the dragons roar and fight for the right to rule over the skyes.Frankly he could see all not only the good things in fantasy nut also the bad ones:monsters,vampires,werewolves.But he tried to avoid those as far as possible.And it was working,or so it was until that faithfull day..
Things were going as normal until he saw that everyday more and more he could see glimpses of those nasty creatures,In the forests the number of fairies and elves was decreasing and one day he even saw a werewolf growling at his fiercely behind the bushes.He ran home that day,too afraid to even look back.In the lakes the mermaids were refuseing to be seen,or worse still they had disapperead like the elves and fairies.One day,trying to see if there were any mermaids left he was terrified by a strange figure in the water.The creatures silluete was monstrous in size and he could see the terrible difference between it and the beautifull mermaids.After that day he refused to go near the lake.
It whould seem that all the world's beauty was taken away by the winter ,the light was taken away by the darkness,the warmth by the freezing cold.As each day passed he became more and more depressed,nightmare folloowing him at every step,lurking at every corner...
Until ,on 30 october he realized that tommorow was halloween.We immediatly forgot all his problems ,thinking at all the trick'o'treating he and his friends will do and how much fun they whould have wearing those silly monster costumes.
And that day came at last.He went to school and when he finished and got home he went to his mother:
-"Mom you know what day it is?"He smiled to his mother.
-"Of course dear,it's halloween and already some of your friends have been calling me to know if you're gonna go with them trick'o'treating,I sais yes,knowing how much you love halloween,i've already finished cleaing your werewolf costume so you'll be able to scare the neighbors for good this year!"
-Thanks mom,i'l get ready in a moment!"
And he went running upstairs and in his room.There,lying on his bed was his old,but
© Copyright 2011 O.C.T (strider0 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1819263-A-real-fright