*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1819310-Simple-Moments
Rated: E · Short Story · Romance/Love · #1819310
A innocent wedding. A love so strong it exceeds all boundaries.
Her dress ruffles in the breeze, a sweet smelling perfume coating the air. Butterflies fly through the window, landing gracefully onto the tabletop. She turns slowly, the dress shuffling with her body movements. A small smile grazes her perfectly pink, plump lips.A gasp of amazement passed.

"How beautiful" she whispers as to not frighten them.

She grasps her camera in her hands, twisting the lens to zoom in as to better see the beauty that lies several inches from her. The camera clicks, and the butterflies lift into the air as if on cue. She follows them, snapping pictures as they move about. They fly out of the window and into the sky.

The door opens slowly, but surey. She sets the camera down, grabbing her bouquet of flowers.

"I'm ready Mamma"

The bride exits the room, hugging her mom on her way down the hallway. She stands in front of the door, dropping to her knees and clasping her hands together.

"Father, I miss you. You are not here physically, but spiritually and mentally you will walk me down that aisle. I know you would apporve of my choice in love. I followed your guidance"

She opens her eyes, stands up and smooths her dress. Tears coat her large doe-like eyes, the color of the sky after a large storm; misty grey-blue. The doors open and the traditional wedding song plays as she walks down the narrow aisle alone.

Everyone follows her with their eyes. Some cry, others smile and the last group let out gasps of surprise from her radiating beauty.

The man waiting by the preacher smiles softly, tears filling his light blue eyes, as bright as then sun shines each day. He holds out his hand to her as she gets close enough to reach out and grab it. She takes his hand, and he tightens his grip, looking at her with all the love in the world.

She looks into his eyes, and for a moment she sees her father. He's proud, happy, rejoicing in Heaven. He puts a hand to his heart and ever so softly she hears his voice. It's like music to her ears. A song long forgotten, but alwas remembered like a thorn in the back of her mind, his voice reminded her. It brought peace in her heart, and gave her a reason to make abrand new start with her now pronounced husband.

"I am proud of you, my child"

Like a whisper sliding between the tree branches, his voice reaches her ears where it should not have been possivle, but love overcomes all boundaries of impossibility. Love exceeds all rules and regulations. She knew, that marrying this man and starting new, was the right was to go.

They left the church that day, she in a new light and way of thinking, him with a new life to pursue. They swore on the light of God of their marriage, and they will forever look to him for guidance. She smiles as he takes her hand, and their new life begins.
© Copyright 2011 AlexisNicole (alexisnicole96 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1819310-Simple-Moments