*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1819393-Friends-Free-Ends
Rated: E · Other · Friendship · #1819393
I talk about who we call our friends and how to detect phony people
I know I may catch a bit of heat for this, but that's okay. My message is always a general one, but I use examples from everyday life. So if you happen to be apart of the subject of my blog, then it's because I want you to reflect on the entire message and not on what you choose to see.

Lately, I've been witness to things that I feel are absolutely immature. A lot of people I know either don't know how to conduct themselves or just plain don't care. Friendship is something that should be taken seriously; be a real friend or buzz off. It's something I take seriously and therefore I have very few; the remainder are simply acquaintances with the potential of become friends. I would think the majority of people who know me, know that. So let's explore the type of people who act like a friend, but in reality are not & how this can lead to problems.


Free-ends: These are the people who hang on to your coattails when everything is going great. They are the ones who want to go to the parties, drink & be merry. As long as you're well connected, you're the coolest person in the world. They could care less about your personal problems, how your day is going or if you're alive, unless it will affect them getting on the guest list... Here today, gone tomorrow. Problem: Its impossible to talk to these people about anything else other than if you can get them on the guest list next week.So if you're looking to hang out with this person on a random day, you better think twice.

Deceivers: These are the snakes in the grass! They're the ones who act like true friends, but the moment things get hot, they turn on you or abandon you. Most of us go through this phase, typically in high school. We are still trying to discover our sense of self, and this is likely to happen. But when we refer to ourselves are "grown adults" and still act this way with everyone we meet, then you're a full-fledged deceiver. Problem: These people cannot be trusted. Their only allegiance is to themselves. They will lie, cheat & steal in the name of self-preservation. I call them vampires; they suck the life out of you and move on to the next victim...When I see one coming my way, I throw holy water at them!

Gossiper: These people act like they're concerned about your well-being but their only interests are to find out the latest news in your life and ultimately sharing it with the rest of the world. They are just as sneaky as the deceivers; wanting to know your deepest & darkest secrets. However, while the deceiver may leave you high and dry in a sticky situation, the gossiper may be the cause of your sticky situation. Problem: They are just like deceivers; bunch of damn vampires.

Be very careful who you call your friend; many people have selfish reasons for getting close to you. Let these people prove their worth to you; watch their actions, especially when times are rough. Ask yourself who are the people willing to talk to me late at night when I'm crying myself to sleep? Who's willing to tell me the truth, knowing that I might get upset by it? Who has always kept their word? Who has made a mistake and fessed up to it, instead of lying/denying? Who's willing to help me find a solution to my problems, instead of saying "good luck with that"? If a couple of people's names come up in more than one of these questions, then these are the people you should value and do your best to remain loyal to them in return. This doesn't mean that others aren't worth your time, they just fit into another category. Remember, we all have different types of "friends" and when you learn where to place them, the less drama you'll have.
© Copyright 2011 Shamira's Diary (shamira at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1819393-Friends-Free-Ends