*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1819696-the-fan
Rated: 18+ · Fiction · Activity · #1819696
the revenge of a fan....


THE  FAN

    Hospital  Scene:  Doctors  are  trying  to  restrain  a  boy  of  19 ,  who  is  thrashing  frantically  on  the  bed.  “I  wanna  go,  I have  to  go”,  screamed  the  boy,  pointing  at  the  largest  of  the  several  posters  of  Sharene  Chinai  put  up  in  his  room.  He  fought  with  his  2  legs  and  1  hand  for  the  other  hand  held  a  piece  of  paper  which  he  seemed  to  protect  at  all  cost. The  orderlies  seemed  to  have  succeeded  at  restraining  the  boy  and  they  called  the  nurse  to  inject  sedative.  As  the  nurse  came  near,  the  boy  jumped  all  of  a  sudden  and  stabbed  the  nurse  with  a  scalpel. Shocked,  the  orderlies  tried  to help  the  bleeding  nurse.  The  boy  bolted.  Alarm  bells  rang. Security  rushed  in.  Two  security  personnel  find  the  boy  in  the  corridor,  who  is  frantically swinging  the  scalpel.  As  one  nears  the  boy,  the  boy  lunges  for  the  man,  when  the  other security  man  hits  the  boy  with  the  baton  on  his  head.  Blood  spurts  and  the  boy  falls.  The  piece  of  paper  in  his  hand  floats –Concert  Sharene  Chinai  Seat  No. 4  VVIP  section.  It  floats  and  the  scene  dissolves,  the  tickets  float  into  the  concert  scene…

    Concert  scene:  People  are  cheering.  On  stage,  Sharene  Chinai  in  a  skimpy  leather  dress is  dancing  and  singing.  Her  dress  and  loud  music  however  doesn’t  mask  the  fact  that  she  has lost  heart. She  moved  mechanically  and  sang  in  forced  manner. Finally  it  ended.  She  bowed  to the  audience  and  said  “My  dear  people. Thanks  for  coming. It  had  been  great  to  sing  and entertain  you  all  these  years. But  I am  finished. This  is  my  last  ever  concert. I  wouldn’t  have done  this  last  one  either, had  it  not  been  for  a  special  request  from  a  very  faithful  Fan  of mine”  she  looked  briefly  at  the  empty  VVIP  Seat  No. 4,  while  there  was  an  outcry  in  the crowd  “As  you  know,  my  husband  has  been  missing  for  nearly  six  months. Police  feels  he might  be  dead. But  I  have  faith. I  want  to  devote  all  my  time  in  finding  him. Help  me  out,  all my  fans  who  are here  and  those  who  are  not  here. Help  me  find  my  husband…”

    Backstage:  A  man  was  trying  his  best  to  keep  up  with  Sharene  in  the  backstage  chaos “What  is  this  about  last  concert?”  “You  heard  me  Mr. Shaw,  by  the  way,  find  out  why  the VVIP  seat  4 was  unoccupied. Why  wasn’t  the  boy  here?”  “Is  it  important,  my  ass  is  in  the  line ….”  “It’s  important” said  Sharene,  pausing  at  the  dressing  room  door “The  boy  is  a  great  fan  of mine  and  he  is  dying. His  last  wish  is  to  attend  my  concert.  It  is  the  least  I  can  do  for  him.”, and  closed  the  door.

    The  man  glared  at  the  closed  door,  then  shook  his  head  exasperated. He  was  joined  by  a beautiful  girl “So  it’s  true?”  “Yes, I  suppose  it  is. What  is  this  Fan  thing  going  on?”

Flashback  With  Girl’s  Narration:  As  you  know,  Sharene  and  her  husband  had  a fight  around  6  months  ago  and  apparently  her  husband  left  the  house  angrily.  He  never  returned. The  police  had  suspicion  that  some  crime  group  was  targeting  him.  Its  a matter  of  speculation  what  happened.  Sharene  however  convinced  herself  that  it’s  all  her  fault. She  became  sort  of  deranged. Then  a  month  ago,  she  receives  this  letter  from  a  fan  that  he  is  dying  and  wants  to  hear  her  concert  for  last  time. She  convinces  herself  that  she  can  redeem  herself  by  fulfilling  the  last  wishes  of  the  fan. She  sends  the  fan  tickets,  but  the  fan  fails  to  turn  up  each  time  making  her  more  psychotic. She  is  now  hysterical  and  feels  that  only  person  who  can  bring  her  husband  back  to  her  is  the  fan. She  has  given  up  all  interest  in  her  affairs.  She  even  gave  us  the  authority  to  use  her  accounts. For  last  4  months,  I have  been  searching  for  her  Carmen  Bank  Code,  we  need  the  money,  but  she  doesn’t  remember.  She asks  us  to  do  whatever  we  can. She  has  neglected  her  dog  and  her  dresses.  All  she  thinks  about  is  the  fan….”

    “I  think, Shushma,  you  better  find  this  fan  and  bring  him in  before  he  dies…”

Fan’s  House: Shushma  sits  in  the  beautiful  house  facing  the  fan’s  dad.

Flashback  with  dad’s  narration: My  son  has  been  unlucky.  The  first  time  he  got  the  tickets,  he  was  happy,  he  sat  in  the  car  and  we  were  off  but  our  car  crashed  he  was  badly  injured(Car  crashing  scene).  The  second  time  he  stabbed  a  nurse  and  was  hit  by  security( Opening  scene). You  see  my  son  suffers  from  a  rare  sort  of  Obsessive  Compulsive  Disorder(OCD).  OCD  are  disorders  where  people  can’t  help  doing  things(Hospital  scenes  showing  Patients- 1  continuously  washing  hands,  one  always  watching  porn..),  my  son  has  to  hear  Sharene,  he  has  TV  and  CD  players  playing  all the  time,  but  his  brain  deteriorated  and  in  an  unknown  way  demanded  to  hear  concert  at  all  cost( Scene  showing  fan  with  Sharene  singing  all around  in  TV,  his  struggle  for  concert).

Present: “Sharene  wants  to  speak  to  him. She  will  take  care  of  his  wish…”  “Its  too  late,  he  is  dead!” says  dad.(Scenes  of  fan  on  death  bead,  last  struggles  and  cremation.)  Shushma  sits  shocked.

Sharene  villa: Sharene  is  moaning  and  mumbling  in  sleep.  Camera  gets  near  and  scene  dissolves  into  her  dream. She  is  a  little  girl,  playing  with  her  doll,  everything  is  colorful,  cheerful,  she  is  playing  in  a  garden,  flowers  blossoming  all  around,  when  she  hears “Sing  to  me”, “Sing  to  me”.  She  sees  the  fan,  beckoning  her.  She  runs  after  him  asking  him  to  stop  to  hear  her  sing,  but  he  runs  and  runs,  she  behind  him.  The  surroundings  become  grayer  and  grayer  and  less  cheerful,  they  are  in  dungeons  and  it’s  horrifying,  she  doesn’t  want  go,  but  fan  enters  a  room,  she  opens  the  door,  screams  and  is  awake,  sweating. 

    Shushma  comes  in  and  catches  hold  of  her.  “I  need  to  sing  to  the  fan, I  have  to…” she  cries.

Scenes  to  be  shown: Sharene  consulting  the  psychiatrist,  dream  analyzer,  priests,  sadhus,  psychic,  etc,  working  hard  and  progressively  moving  towards  finding  a  way  to  contact  the  dead  fan…

Scene  with  Special  Psychic  woman: Shushma  and  Sharene  had  found  a  person  who  could  make  them  talk  face  to  face  with  Dead  Fan. There  is  a  lot  of  Indian  music,  dhol,  tabla,  etc  all  beating  in  frenzy,  incense  smoke  all  around,  a  dizzying  atmosphere…. Suddenly,  Sharene  is  transported  to  an  ethereal  space,  a  door  opens  and  the  fan  is  standing,  holding  the  door  open.  The  fan  then  accompanies  her  through  a  foggy  passageway,  into  a  clear,  pristine  place  with  no  apparent  dimensions.  Faces(of  dead)  appeared  and  dissolved  all around,  some  gawking,  some  smiling,  others  threatening.

    The  fan  dropped  on  his  knees  and  cries “At  last,  you  see  I  am  restless,  even  after  death,  I  had  that  urge  to  listen  to  you  all  my  life,  that  is  gone,  but  not  the  one  to  hear  your  concert. Twice  I  failed,  once  due  to  car  accident  and  other  due  to  security… you  don’t  know  how  it  feels,  to  be  so  near  yet  so  far,  I was  torn,  distressed  and  to  my  dismay,  I  died.  I  just  found  myself  here  and  I  was  restless.  I  wanted  to  hear  you….”  “I  am  here”  said  Sharene.  “You  are  great.  Greater  than  any  idea  I  had…. To  do  so  much  for  a  fan  who  hardly  matters  in  your  life…”  “That’s  not  entirely  true,  you  haunted  my  dreams..”  Sharene  smiled,  so did the  fan. “I  want  it  done  properly.  In  a  manner  that  it  is  done.  The  concert  I  mean…”  “It  will  be”  said  Sharene  “I  will  go  now  and  will  be  back  with  proper  songs,  learned  and  tuned  to  perfection  and  a  special  song  dedicated  to  you..”

Special  Psychic  woman: Sharene  and  Shushma  are  back  after  a  few  days.  “Now,  there  are  certain  rules  you  must  know,  before  you  go  there  again,  now  that  you  are  going  to  stay  there  for  a  while:

    Scenes  and  Narration: The  first  rule  as  you  have  already  seen  is  that  you  have  to  get  invited.(Scene  of  the  door,  with  Sharene  standing  in  front  of  it),  if  not  invited,  you  cant  go  for  the  door  never  opens.  In  your  case  however  there  is  the  fan(The  fan  opens  the  door  for  Sharen

, Then  there  is  the  “Passageway’, which  you  have  to  pass(Fan  leading  Sharene  through  the  passageway),  you  then  come,  at  the  end  of  the  passageway  to  ‘The  Land  Of  the  Dead’,  once  there  you  are  committed  to  be  there  for  at  least  sometime.  In  the  Land  of  Dead,  rule  two,  you  cannot  lie(Sharene  seems  to  choke  when  she  tries  to  lie,  the  fan  gives  her  a  don’t-try-the-rules  look).  The  third  rule  is  that  you  cannot  take  anything  from  the  ‘Land  of  Dead’  or  leave  anything  in  the  Land  of  Dead.  If  you  by  mistake  take  or  leave  anything,  cross  the  Land  of  Dead  and  enter  the  ‘Passageway’..(Sharlene  has  done  her  job,  turns  to  return,  she  moves  her  hand  over  her  ear,  her  earring  falls,  she  starts  to  leave,  in  slow  motion,  it  clatters  down,  she  has  one  step  in  the  ‘Passageway’,  the  ring  settles  in  the  Land  of  Dead,  Sharene  is  out  on  the  ‘Passageway’,  when  suddenly  smoky  figures  run  to  her  mouth  open),  you  can  never  return… 

    Sharene  gulps  and  Shusma  is  worried.  “You  don’t  have  to  do  this”  says  Shushma.  “I  have  to.  You  see  I  always  believed  that  only  the  fan  somehow  can  tell me  about  my  husband.  Do  you  know  my  dreams..

    Dream :Same  scene  of  the  dream  of  girl  playing,  then  running  after  the  fan  in  the  dungeons,  the  fan  enters  one  dungeon,  she  hesitates,  then  steps  in,  the  fan  has  his  back  to  her,  she  requests  him  to  turn,  so  that  she  could  sing  to  him,  but  the  fan  says,  she  wouldn’t  like  if  he  turned,  she  wouldn’t  sing  for  him  anymore,  she  insists  that  he  turns,  the  fan  turns,  looking  strange  with  somebody  in  his  arms,  her  husband,  dead…

To  the  Land  of  Dead: “You  see  him  dead..”  “Yes  but  its  just  a  dream.  I  am  going  to  sing  for  the  fan,  ask  him  if  my  husband  is  in  his  land,  if  not,  I  can  safely  resume  search  on  earth…”

“And  if  he  is  there…”  “Then  I  will  have  to  find  a  way  to  bring  him  back…”  “No” cried  Shushma “The  rules  say  you  can’t  bring  anything  out…”  “I  know,  I  know,  but  there  has  to  be  a  way…..”

    The  door  was  opened  by  the  fan,  they  walked  through  the  ‘Passageway’,  the  things  were  unchanged,  although  there  seemed  to  be  more  inviting  faces  appearing  and  dissolving  all  around

She  first  shook  his  hand  and  said  “For  the  best  concert  I  would  ever  give,  for  there  would  be  no  changing  and  modifying  my  voice  using  machines,  no  drowning  the  bad  parts  with  music,  the  best  me,  clear  and  unmarred  for  you,  my  greatest  of  all  fans…”

    Down  on  earth,  Shushma was  putting  ice  on  the  body,  as  per  woman’s  instruction,  to  preserve  the  body….

    She  sang  and  sang  and  the  Fan  sat  there,  lost  in  the  song.  Many  faces  appeared  smiling  and  encouraging  all  around,  all  refusing  to  dissolve  or  doing  so  with  great  reluctance…

    And  then  it  ended  with  an  applause  from  the  fan.  The  faces  all around  were  smiling  and  seemed  to  praise  with  open  mouth..  “I  owe  you,  Sharene,  I  owe  you  for  putting  my  soul  at  rest…. Can  I  do  anything..”  “Yes  you  can,  tell  me,  is  my  husband  in  the  Land  of  Dead,  I  need  to  know,  I  cannot  go  back  without  the  knowledge….”  The  Fan  hung  his  head.  His  face  was  drawn  in  grief.  He  spoke  to  a  face  which  materialized,  came  to  gain  a  body,  translucent  like  the  Fan  himself,  and  lo!  Her  husband  was  in  front  of  her….

    All  the  ice  on  her  body  had  melted.  Shushma  was  worried.  The  woman  had  gone  to  bring  ice  from  her  neighbour,  but  had  not  returned….

    “I  am  so  sorry,  it  had  to  be  this  way,  you  did  me  a  favor,  but  I  can  give  you  only  sorrow…” started  the  Fan,  but  Sharene  was  smiling,  a  triumphant  smile,  “What  is  the  bank  code, my  dear  husband, is  it  6345234,  you  can’t  lie  here  you  know….!!!”

    Down  on  earth,  Shushma  let  out  a sigh  of  relief,  as  she  saw  the  woman  back  with  tray ful  of  ice…..

    “Its  8000003002”  said  the  husband,  reluctantly.  “What’s  going  on”  cried  the  Fan “I  owe 

an  explanation”  Sharene  started  moving  towards  the  ‘Passageway’,  “Tell  me  the  truth,  Sharene”

    “All  right  my  greatest fool  of  a  Fan,  I  killed  my  husband.  We  had  been  in  a  drug  deal(scene  of  deal)  and  we  earned  a  lot.  All  of  it  is  in  the  bank.  I  killed  my  husband(Scene  off  killing)  to  get  all  the  money,  but  he  was  clever.  He  had  changed  the  code.(scene  of  code  change)  There  was  no  way  to  know  the  code.  I  searched  all the  means  to  talk  to  him,  and  I  came  to  know  of  this  method.  But  I  needed  to  get  invited.  Who  better  than  an  OCD  patient  who  had  no  control.  I  caused  the  car  accident,  I  had  hired  the  security  guards  to  bash  you  up.(scenes  of  opening)  Each  missed  chance  increased  your  urge  to  hear  my  concert.  Then  you  died  and  did  the  very  thing  I  expected  you  to  do.  You  invited  me.  I  am  here.  I  know  the  code….

    Sharene’s  Body  moved.  “She  is  coming  back”  said  the  woman….

    Sharene  was  near  the  end  of  The  Land  of  Dead,  when  a  high  pitched  laughter  made  her  jump. She  turned.

    “You  think  it’s  all  your  plan.  It’s  my  plan.  It’s  my  plan.  During  the  car  accident  I  noticed  the  two  men  who  crashed  into  our  car.(Scene  of  noticing  guards) I  didn’t  think  anything.  But  when  the  same  two  men  hit  me  as  security  guards,  I  knew.  I  did  some  investigation  before  I  died  using  the  computer  from  the  Porn OCD  patient.  And  I  discovered  your  husband  part  of  shady  drug  deal.(Investigation  scene)  I  saw  him here  and  we  talked. I  showed  you  the  dreams  with  dead  husband,  thought  it  will  encourage  you  to  come  here  faster.(Dream  scene) To  see  your  husband  is  with  me.  And  you  came  and  came  fast.  The  woman  who  helped  you  here  is  my  mother.(Asking  his  mother  for  help  before  dying)  I  wanted  to  hear  the  truth  from  your  lips.  I  wanted  you  to  confess…

    On  Earth “She  is  near  the  ‘passageway’”  said  the  woman,(fan’s  mother)  frowning,  “She  is  actually  coming  back…”  “Didn’t  you  expect  her  to?”  asked  Shushma….

    Land  of  Dead: “Great,  your  plan  was  simply  great.  Got  what  you  want.  I  confessed. Going  to  do  you  a  whole  lot  of  good,  I  hope  so.  But  the  fact  is,  I  am  going  back  to  earth.  No  one  knows  what  happened  there.  No  one  gonna  suspect  me.  The  truth  will  lie  here  forever,  and  I  will be  free to  enjoy  the  money  on  earth…..”

    On  Earth: “This  can’t  be,  she  is  coming  back,  she  is  in  the ‘passageway’”  cried  Fan’s  mother.  “What’s  wrong  with  you”  asked  Shushma “You  Don’t  sound  Happy?”

    On  Land  of  Dead: Sharene  is  on  the  ‘passageway,  she  waves  at  her  husband  and  the  fan  and  smiles.  She starts  to  turn,  when  she  hears  the  Fan  again “Aren’t  you  forgetting  something?”

Unconciously,  Sharene  reaches  out  and  checks.  She  had  all the  clothing,  she  had  not  worn  anything  that  can  fall. “I  have  everything  on  me.  I  know  the  rules.  I  had  studied  them  a  great  deal…”

    “But  you  are  forgetting  something.  You  have  left  something  back  and  have  crossed  into  the  ‘Passageway’”  said  the  fan.  “What?”  “The  truth!”  says  the  fan  “The  knowledge  of  the  truth.  The  knowledge  of  what  happened  to  your  husband  and  me.  The  knowledge  of  your  crimes.  You  have left  them  here  with  the  intention  of  never  taking  it  back.”( I  am  going  back  to  earth.  No  one  knows  what  happened  there. The  truth  will  lie  here  forever  resounded  all  over  the  Land  of  Dead),  you  have  left  the  knowledge  of  the  truth  in  the  Land  against  the  rules(the  shadowy  figures  approached  Sharene  with  mouth  open)  and  you  can  never  go  Back!(Simultaneously,  the  shadow  gulps  down  Sharene  and  screen  turns  blank).
© Copyright 2011 marracust (shanku at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1819696-the-fan