*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1819970-Chasing-The-Rabbit---Prologue
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Chapter · Detective · #1819970
A detective story set in a surreal world.
The rain drizzled on the cold pavement. A man in a brown trench coat turned off the main pathway to walk down the alley way. The man was agitated, constantly looking over his shoulder as he continued to walk further into the alley. The silence in the air was broken only by the occasional buzzing of the neon lights advertising for a motel and the distant sound of a passing car. I’ve finally lost him, he thought to himself.  He turned the corner and stopped suddenly. Standing in front of him was the hooded figure he had been trying to avoid.
         “Look, I told you before. I don’t want any part of your plans okay? I’m pretty sure pretending to be kidnapped and falsely reporting it to the police is illegal.” The man in the brown trench coat turned to walk away but stopped as soon as he heard the hooded figure speak.
         “Are you sure you won’t change your mind? It’ll be worth your while if you do so.”
         “No.”
         “Very well, then. I can still make this work.”
He started to walk away from the hooded figure until he felt a hand over his mouth, followed by something sharp penetrating his back. The next thing he felt was his breath leaving his body for the very last time. The hooded figure looked around and found an opened dumpster which he heaved the recently deceased body into. Fumbling through the pockets, the hooded figure found the wallet of the man in the brown trench coat He then walked off, the knife still dripping blood freshly drawn. The hooded figure quickly cleaned the knife with the inside of his coat and stashed it away in the holster hidden under his left sleeve. He then found the black sedan he had parked a few streets away and drove off with no remorse for the man now laying in the dumpster. The scenario planned is now slightly different, but the end result should be the same... The rain continued well into the night with no signs of letting up. It was not until three days later, when the hotel owner came out in his grease stained singlet and boxer shorts to throw out his rubbish, did anyone take notice of the now slightly shrivelled body giving off a foul stench.
© Copyright 2011 Grey Fox (plunkt at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1819970-Chasing-The-Rabbit---Prologue