*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1820224-Preparing-For-The-Birth-of-A-Child
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Other · Emotional · #1820224
The beauty that occurs during nine months of pregnancy.
A Mother's Loving Tribute

Being pregnant with you, my mums, was the epitome of  everything right - the right time, the right place, the right alignment of celestial bodies in the heavens.

Slow strolls in the afternoon sunshine, endless conversations, silent prayers for so many reasons... your health, my health, the crazy uncertain world I was bringing you into. I was happy, absolutely happy and at peace. You brought sanity back into my life.

You participated in those conversations too. A kick here, a jab there. Sometimes I'd gently poke you back, mainly to get you to move your foot from a tender spot.

I loved our doctor... I looked forward to appointments with her. She always had wonderfully new news of you. It wasn't hard to decide if I wanted to know your gender. I pronounced a quick and resounding 'yes!' You waved at me on the ultrasound monitor, and our bond had already formed. It was strong between mother and daughter.

When my thoughts were on you, the outside world faded. We were cohorts in all of our dream-like forays. We window-shopped, I took you to the park where future playmates would be and hear their laughter and fun, you kicked real hard when I came upon the name I would give you. Being pregnant with you was easy and fun. During those exquisite 9 months, I kept you to myself selfishly. Those closest to us in life could not be nearly as happy about your existence as I was.

That last month, you moved incessantly. I fully understood you would let me know when you were ready, and that it would happen quickly. You had already proved to me you were a go-getter, that you'd ardently pursue whatever you set your heart on - wasting not a moment. Countless nights you woke me up to 'talk.' I'd massage your head and smile. And I knew with all certainty that you could see it.

That chilly day arrived. You barely gave us time to get to the hospital. Two hours of labor, sweet girl. I spent most of it on my side. An angel of a nurse came in now and then, and ever so gently caressed the length of my exposed arm with her finger. Oh so imperceptible, yet so thoughtfully applied, it took my mind off the contractions.

It's funny now... you just sort of plopped out like a cork. You were tiny, but what a perfect package. You whimpered, and before I knew it you were in my arms. For the next year, that is where you spent much of your time. But that night, that one joyful night, you slept beside me - as I watched your abdomen rise and fall, you cocooned in a blanket to keep you safe and warm.

Our relationship had begun, and set on a journey and adventure like none other. The joys, the tears, the scares, the pride, and the awe all in one.

I love you sweetheart.
© Copyright 2011 earthenhues (earthenhues at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1820224-Preparing-For-The-Birth-of-A-Child