*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1821413-Fate-Preface
Rated: E · Chapter · Romance/Love · #1821413
Kyle is turned into a vampire, several years later he meets Katie who is dying of cancer.
            It was February 27, 1863 in the middle of a corn field sat a young man. His long, coal black hair was blowing in the gentle breeze around his face, making him seem more angel than man. His brilliant, grayish blue eyes blinked against the wind as he strained to find the source of the odd whistling he was sure came from this very spot. He half turned when, out of the corner of his eye, he saw a figure nearly fly past him it was so fast. Suddenly he felt a warm hand on his arms tugging at him was a young girl. She looked as if she was no more than fifteen years old. That was the last human memory Kyle Caruthers would have, and as the years went on, his hatred for the young beautiful angel that had so mercilessly stolen his human life from him would all but fade.



            “Katie I understand that you’re sick, but you have to keep in mind that this is a business.” Mr. Rancliff, Katie’s boss at the law firm she had been working at since she had turned eighteen, looked at her his eyes saddened that he was forced to fire his best employee due to something so much out of her control as the weather was to him.



            She nodded once and turned to head for the door nearly in tears. As she stalked quietly down the street she let the tears begin to flow, her running mascara streaking her cheek and dripping on her favorite white turtle neck, staining it no doubt. She didn’t care. Why had this disease tortured her so much instead of just taking her away and saving her from all the pain? Katie looked up at the sky, her fists balled up out of rage, a silent prayer hanging on her tongue.



            Katie lived alone in an old cottage style house just up the dirt road, and that was the way she liked it. How she despised this small town. The one thing she wanted to do before her final day on earth was to see a big city just once. She had promised herself she would one day when she had free time, laughing darkly to herself she mused now she had the time, but where to go. Later that night as she browsed the internet, she booked a flight for New York. She would leave in three days, booking a hotel she shut her laptop and rolled over falling to sleep.

© Copyright 2011 Katherine (momof1 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1821413-Fate-Preface