*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1821995-The-Last-Words
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Other · Other · #1821995
Never fight with anybody.
I tried to stop Ashley from leaving but she would not listen to a word I said. I apologized over and over for starting the argument and admitted that I was wrong but she ignored me as she climbed into her car. The last thing I saw was her car making its way down the street and disappearing down the road. She was never this way. I raised her as best as I could but I just do not know where I went wrong. She would not answer any of my calls that night, nor would she reply to me messages. I awoke the next morning, feeling dreadful. I did not hear the noise of the front door opening last night, hoping it would have been Ashley. I tried calling her a few times but now it went straight to her voicemail. I knew something was wrong. I noticed my earring on the dresser and quickly put them on as I made my way to the living room. Just as I walked in I noticed the local police car parked in my yard. My heart instantly stopped and I felt my stomach drop. I opened the door only to face a man in a uniform with a badge on it. “Hello ma’am. Is this the house of Ashley Lyles?” he asked. “Yes, this is.” He removed his hat and said, “I’m sorry to inform you that your daughter has been involved in a car accident. She was driving too fast on a turn and crashed into a pole. I’m again sorry for your loss ma’am.” As soon as he left I collapsed onto the floor, tears streaming down my face. I would give anything just to see my daughter again and tell her that I love her.
© Copyright 2011 allisonman (allisonm14 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1821995-The-Last-Words