*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1822300-The-Red-Door
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Thriller/Suspense · #1822300
As the woman looks through the peekhole, she could see nothing but red.
The rain swept across the landscape. The woman needed to find somewhere to stop her car; the rain was too distracting, keeping her from seeing anything in front of her. Fortunately, her eyes gazed upon an old motel, she decided to stop there for the night. Shutting her car door, the woman swiftly headed inside. The motel was surprisingly, still open for business. The manager smiled brightly at her, then assigned her a room key. As he called for some help, the woman decided to see where her room was. Eventually, she discovered it down the hall, next to another room.

Her neighboring room was shut. To make sure it wasn't occupied, the woman decided to look through the peekhole. There was nothing she could see; aside from the red inside the peekhole. The manager arrived with a maid, and thanked the woman for stopping by the motel. The woman used her room key on the door, and walked inside. There was a nice tan painted wall, with a white carpet. In addition, she had a small bathroom, with a very formal looking shower.

As the maid begin to clean the bathroom, she told the woman about the motel's history. It was a very old building, made in the 1940s. She had also told the stories that had apparently occured in the motel. "There was another story, about the couple who used to be in this other room right next to yours," the maid explained, "they were so wonderful, and always had a great mood every day. Unfortunately, one night, we heard a chilling scream in their room. We ran into the room, and saw the girl lying on the floor, dead." "That's terrible!" The woman begin to take faster breaths. "We eventually caught the killer, and to our surprise, it was the man she was dating." The maid shook her head. "He never seemed to be good anyways. He always gave me the creeps! I mean the pale skin and bloodshot eyes and all."
© Copyright 2011 TheAuthor (rjay61 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1822300-The-Red-Door