*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1822420-Jon-and-Jane
Rated: E · Fiction · Fanfiction · #1822420
Jane and Cranes relationship. Two points of view.
Crane sat in his apartment eating a cheeseburger from Gotham Burgers. He was wondering about Jane Blaze, having not heard from her in days, having wondered if she had grown tired and weary of his constant brooding. Crane couldn't finish eating his cheeseburger. He decided to send her a text message. *Text* Hey, where are you? With no response, Crane sat there returning to his dark twisted thoughts. He wondered if he had been neglectful, too wrapped up in himself to pay her the attention he felt she needed. He wondered if he had simply become boring and unadventurous. After the abduction, finding himself stranded in Mexico left for dead, Crane's perspective had changed. He felt a deeper blood lust bubbling beneath, a twisted desire to inflict pain and suffering, induce fear in the self-satisfied contented souls dwelling sadly in the Gotham realm, reek havoc and cause trouble for the Bat. Crane had even gone so far as to take additional time off from work to refine his fear toxin, develop a toxin that had antidote, a little concoction he dubbed, PermaFear. He remembered a few nights ago, the young prostitute, the torture, the limbs, the blood. It took Crane hours to dispose of the waste. Crane decided he needed to distract his mind from descending into darkness. The dark cloud had returned, hovering over Crane, beckoning for self-destruction. Crane decided to leave his apartment, to go for a ride in his new Mercedes, to engage in his own self-destructive behavior. He wondered what the night held for him, what lurked in the shadows of the city.





Jane had been in bed. Filled with pains from the previous nights expierence. She groggely sat up out of bed and rubbed her eyes. She grabbed her phone and peered at the time. She gasped. She had slept seven extra hours. She went to her message inbox and noticed one from Crane from earlier that day. She texted him back slowly *Texts* "Hey darling I am in bed (: Sorry I slept too long"



Crane was driving down Gotham Avenue in his black Mercedes when his phone started vibrating. He quickly pulled it out, making sure that he didn't wreck or loose control of his vehicle. he unlocked the screen and glanced at the screen seeing a text from Jane. A smiled crossed his face, and he decided to pull over near a dark alley close to the Narrows. He texted her back, *text* It's okay. Do you want me to come over? I'm nearby.



Janes eyes were still adjusting to the light of her phone as she squinted at the brigntness and read the next text that had came through. *Texts* "Sure hun. Im just really tired and I dont feel all that great. Kinda sorry"

                                                    ********************************************************



A few hours later Crane was on his way to Jane Blaze's apartment for their first job together. Crane needed chemicals for his new GENDER BENDING formula, and with Jane's access to nuclear powered laser, he felt that she would be the most appropriate person to take with him to the Gotham Chemical Plant. He drove through the dark streets speeding on his way to her.



Jane was in her apartment getting dressed quickly because she didnt need Crane coming in and seeing her half naked because of the fact that they probably then wouldn't get to their plans for the night. Which included a fun espinoge that he was bringing her on. She smiled as she bounced around pulling on her tight black pants and a simple Maroon Sweatshirt. She slipped into her heels and was pulling her hair back into a tight pony tail and smiled at her reflection in the mirror. She flopped back onto the bed and picked up the remote to start channel surfing as she waited for Crane to show up.



Crane pulled up to her apartment wearing his signature black suit and skinny black tie. Jane knew all about Crane, his dark secret, the darkness that existed, and she still accepted him completely. He was glad not to have scared her off, and glad that she tolerated his moodiness. He walked up to her apartment focused and prepared. Tonight, he would gather the necessary chemicals and prepare the new serum. Gotham would succumb to the new gender bending formula and all would feel a slight...change. Crane knocked on her door hoping she was ready. He knew she always dressed fashionably and sometimes took a little longer than necessary even though the looked beautiful naturally.



As Jane heard the knock at the door and bounded up and looked in the mirror once more to look over herself. She made sure that the straps on her heels were tight around her ankles and then grabbed her purse and ran to the door. She flung it open and jumped on him with a little squeel as she kissed his cheek and hugged him hard. She had missed him a lot and as he held her she took in his sent and everything about him. Just being near him made her feel better. She smiled against his chest and looked up at him "So what is the first thing on the itenary tonight darling?"



Crane hugged her tightly and stared into her eyes. "Well....we have to stop by the Gotham Chemical Plant. There are some...special enzymes that I have to retrieve that I can't gain access to as a psychiatrist, so...we'll just have to take them. I hope..you have your little nuclear laser thing and..maybe a little bomb. We might um...need those." Crane stared at her excitedly before starting to walk to towards his white van. "I had to leave the Mercedes at home since we'll be hauling some...barrels." Crane smiled at her knowing that tonight would be an exciting adventure



Jane could feel the excitement radiating off of Crane. She giggled at him and started to follow behind him. Before she got into the van she slipped a laser and a small bundle into his back pockets. As he turned around to give her an incredulous look she just smiled and winked at him and climbed into the front seat. "Now. Crane. Just because your excited doesn't mean you can drive like a crazy and kill us both."



Crane grinned widely at Jane's off hand criticism of his driving skills. "I hope you're not saying I'm a bad driver." He looked over at her affectionately before cranking the van and preparing to drive off. I may have to...become Scarecrow for this job. Crane smiled again. "I'll drive normally."



Jane looked at him and sarcasticly said "Oh no of course I wasn't saying that baby. I would never say that" She winked at him and laughed. She pulled her seat belt over her chest and clicked it. She leaned back in the chair and relaxed. She knew her feet were going to hurt by the end of the night so for the moment she rolled down the window and put her feet up so that they hung out of the window. She looked at him and smiled as he scoffed at her childish behavior. "You know you love me" She drawled



Crane continued driving to the outskirts of Gotham towards Gotham Bay. "Of course I love, more than anyone ever." And as Crane said this he realized it was true. He was in love with Jane and wanted to be with her throughout eternity. As they continued to drive, Crane could see the plant rapidly approaching. The facility was tightly guarded with a high barbed wire fence around the perimeter. Crane decided that he would have to assume the dark character, his monster inside. "I'm going to have to become him for this." He said looking over at Jane. He pulled his mask out and was ready to put it on. "I'm going to park the van a few hundred feet away from the security gate. You pull up and talk to the guards for a moment, distract them, then I'll run up and do...what I do best." Crane put on his mask and assumed the roll of Scarecrow. He could feel the blood lust rising from within as he excitement of the mask clung to his face.



As Crane put on his mask and assumed the mindset of Scarecrow. She quickly unbuckled her seatbelt and as he opened the door and slid out she slid into the drivers seat and with out even faltering the car they finished their first stage of this mission. She smiled to herself as she realized that the guards were men. A light bulb went off as she pulled off her sweatshirt to so that she was only wearing the small white tank top that she had put on underneath. It showed off quite a bit of cleavage. She knew Crane wouldn't appriciate it but she knew that it would get the job done. She pulled up to the gate and rolled down her window to smile sweetly at the two men that were standing there with their guns and their pride. She leaned over to the window and quickly their gaze went right where she wanted it. She grinned and knew she had them. Hook line and sinker. She laughed as she started asking them if she could simply pass. She could have done it but that's when Scarecrow decided to jump in and all hell broke loose. She giggled and drove right through tht gate to park the car close to the building in the shadows so that it wouldnt be discovered. She trotted back to where they were fighting. He was handling himself well but it was taking too long and they were drawing attention. So Jane quickly bounded over and kneed the first one in the balls and as he fell she hooked his jaw and he passed out. She whipped her other leg around to knock the other man down as Crane took him out. She brushed off her pants and grinned up at him as they quickly made their way to the car



Scarecrow stared down at the guard staring at him helplessly then pulled the sickle from behind his suit. "Fear...is always the most powerful emotion." He brought the sickle down and quickly removed his head watching a spurt of blood spring from his neck. The other guard was passed out from Jane's powerful punch, so Scarecrow decided to walk over to her towards the van. "We may have to take that other guard out if he wakes." They walked to a door that had a thick lock hindering their ability to quickly retrieve the barrels of chemical that he needed for his concoction. Scarecrow looked over at Jane. "I think we're going to need one of your little devices to break through this door."



As they arrived at the large security locked door she sat on the ground and poured a few contents out of her purse. She quickly started pouring missalanious chemicals and powders together and mixed them so that they formed a putty. She attached the putty to a small eletric device. She pushed a few buttons on it and promptly stood up and attached the putty to the lock. She smiled as she stood up and took Scarecrows hand and pulled him away from the door with a grin, He had been watching her with awe and she laughed. "Would you like to push the red button?" She asked sweetly as she handed him a small remote with gauges and numbers with a large red button right in the middle. She laughed as he quickly and excitedly took it from her hand



Scarecrow eagerly took the remote and stepped back a little with Jane before pushing the red button. The door exploded sending bits and pieces flying past them as they stood near observing. When the explosion settled, Scarecrow glanced over at Jane. "Okay, pull the van in and I'll find a forklift to start loading. I think we need to do this quickly. I bet...we set off an alarm. Hopefully, the Bat will not arrive." Scarecrow squeezed her hand tightly and nodded before walking into the facility. He found a forklift, and after carefully reviewing a few instructions, started it and drove it to where the fifty pound barrels of enzymes and DNA reconfigurant were located.



After she pulled the van into the wearhouse she opened the trunk but after that there was not much that she could do in that situation. So she turned her attention back to the security system. She pulled out an extremely small gun and shot it at every security camera in the room. The small pellets that hit the camera exploded leaving a white covering on the lens. She then walked twards the door and found the alarm that was going off. She quickly snipped a wire here and there which disabled everything that would be alerting people of the facility. But just outside the wearhouse she saw a guard walking. She quickly whipped a small ball out that was filled with a blue radioactive liquid. She put it in the small air rifle and shot it about a hundred feet away where it exploded. The guard took off twards the explosion. "Ok We better get our asses out of here right now. As he was finishing up she jumped in the driver seat and started the van waiting for him to quickly jump into the passenger seat.



Scarecrow loaded four fifty pound barrels quickly reveling in the possibilities of the serum he would soon concoct. He noticed Jane wondering through the facility disabling the alarm and taking out the security cameras. He marveled at her ingenuity and was proud to have her with him. She was perfect in every possible way. When he heard the explosion he knew it was time to leave. The radioactive chemical she fired would have drastic side effects on anyone that may encounter it causing unforeseen changes. He quickly jumped in the passenger seat. "Gun it. I hear sirens. We have to get to the laboratory to dump these chemicals off then...I'll take you home." He looked over here then took off his mask returning to Crane. "You're amazing," he said affectionately.



As she pulled out of the wearhouse at top speeds she went past the gate and without thinking she ran over the two guards. Crane didnt seem to notice what so ever. She grinned and looked over at him. "I'm so tired but I had a fun time tonight. This kinda stuff is great. Just. Not in six inch heels" She said with a smile. Just as she predicted her feet were swollen from running in the black strappy heels. As they dropped by the laboratory he brought the barrels while she stayed in the car. She felt bad but she was too tired and she was pretty sure that she wouldnt be much help anyways. As he slid back into the car she whispered. "Will you sleep over?"



Crane looked at her a smiled knowing that her feet hurt. "Yeah...yeah. I'll sleep over. Work can wait until tomorrow. I...just want to be with you tonight." Crane stared at her fixated and mesmerized her crafty cleverness tonight. "thank you for helping me. I'm glad you did. Let's go get the Mercedes then we can go to your place." Crane looked over at her excitedly. And watched her drive, focused on the road to his apartment. They arrived shortly and parked the van next to the Mercedes. Crane would move it later, so as to avoid any suspicion. They hopped in the Mercedes, Crane opening the door for Jane then walking over to the driver side. "I need a shower now," he said grinning at her happily.



Jane walked in the door sluggishly. She smile as Crane quickly bounded twards the bathroom. She began walking to the bed slowly taking off her dirty clothes tiredly. She left a trail of disguarded clothes on the floor. As she crawled in bed she turned off the lamp and snuggled on top of the covers because she was too lazy to go underneath them. She closed her eyes and relaxed with a sigh. Eventually Crane crawled in behind her and pulled her under the covers. He got behind her and held her close to him. She smiled slightly as she pushed closer to him because he smelled all good and clean. She was comfortable in safe in his embrace as she whispered "I love you" Before her mind drifted off to sleep.



                                                      *************************************************





((The next day this is what the news read))



July 19, 2011GCPD arrived on the scene at the Gotham Chemical Plant to find chaos and confusion. Two security guards were discovered. One of the guard's head was removed and both appeared to have been run over. Further investigation revealed that four fifty gallon barrels of a top secret DNA reconfigurant had been stolen. A spokesperson for the GCPD was interviewed saying "Whoever has this reconfigurant is extremely dangerous, and no one should attempt to confront this person single alone." GCPD also discovered that the security door where the chemical was being stored had been blown off. Crime scene investigators, analyzing a bomb explosion away from the facility site near the security guard station, discovered traces of radioactive chemicals among the ashes. "This is the work if a professional," one investigator commented, "and whoever is behind this, has access to extremely deadly materials." The area was quickly quarantined and listed as a hazardous site. No leads were made as to the culprit or culprits of the crime, but a detective stated categorically that "all leads are being pursued."



                                                      ******************************************************



Crane left Jane's house early that morning and drove his little black Mercedes back to his apartment to retrieve the white van storing four fifty gallon drums of DNA refigurant. Crane stepped into the van and made his way to the laboratory where he would begin working on his new GENDER BENDING serum. Crane drove through the city during the early morning hours stopping off at Gothambucks to pick-up a tall coffee. The line was always long at this trendy coffee shop, so Crane waited patiently thinking about the night before, the gruesome murder of the two security guards, Jane's intrepid ingenuity, and the passionate time together afterwards. Crane ordered his tall black coffee and pulled forward, digging for change in his pocket, and finding enough to pay for the coffee and leave a tip. Crane drove on to the laboratory having received little sleep, driving past the dark alleys, seeing few cars out and fewer people, only the stranded souls preparing for an early day at some mindless job where they deluded themselves into believing that they mattered, that their work made a difference, that they were important. Crane mused on the realization that everyone was apart of a puzzle, a tiny fleck in a grand scheme constructed by a sadistic improvisor with a perverted sense of humor. Everyone played a role, something that Crane had realized years before as an idealistic intern at Arkham believing that he would be the one to cure the insane. Crane had come to a conclusion that maybe the insane were sane and that the sane only deluded the world into believing that the insane were in fact insane when the sane themselves were insane. What was sanity really? Crane wondered. Just a mutual agreement among the majority of society that dictated what was acceptable and what was not. Crane knew plenty of sickly disturbed individuals that functioned well at high paying jobs, but did that make them necessarily insane or only situationally insane? Crane always wondered about the nature of insanity after having devoted his life to the study and understanding of it. Crane pulled into the warehouse he had purchased a couple of weeks ago and unloaded barrels. The stench of acrid blood still filled the air, the remnants of the prostitutes dismembered body, the stifling aroma of phosphorus and acid, the blue plastic bins in the corner, washed and bleached thoroughly. He set to working mixing chemicals, using the DNA reconfigurant, preparing the serum to douse Gotham later this afternoon. After three hours he had finally perfected the formula again, the twenty four hour GENDER BENDING toxin. Now, all Crane had to do now was disperse it among the city of Gotham and his life would continue without being affected. He assumed he would be finished by the end of the day.





                                                          *****************************************************

Jane was sitting on her counter in her dainty apartment staring at the microwave which had one of those kid meal things in them. She was most excited for the little brownie with the sprinkles. She swung her legs back and forth and dialed cranes number on her phone. As he picked up "Hey darling! Whats the plan for tonight? When do you think that your gonna be here?" As he gave her a time she hung up and ran into her bedroom to pull on a small pink dress and did her hair in a long braid with pink ribbons tied into it. She pulled the TV dinner out of the microwave and she sat on the counter eating it and tieing up her ballerina heels.



Crane told her he'd be at her apartment in five minutes and that they would disperse the GENDER BENDING toxin tonight. Crane had devised a plan to disperse the serum as a gas. He had manufactured the serum in aerosol form and was going to the top of Gotham Tower with Jane to shoot a gas grenade over Gotham that would cover the city in a faint mist. He pulled up to her apartment in his black Mercedes and hopped out eagerly waltzing up to her front door. He knocked in anticipation hoping she was ready to venture out for the evening.





Jane shoveled the rest of the brownie in her mouth and ignored the fact that she still had crumbs on her face she walked over to the door and opened it with a chocolatey smile. "How are you tonight baby? Ready to stir up some trouble I can see" She kissed his cheek and hugged him tightly. "Let me just grab my purse. There is random stuff in my fridge. Take whatever." She knew if he walked over there he would see that she ate everything of her dinner exept her vegtables. She laughed to herself as she imagined his face.



Crane walked in and hugged her tightly, kissing her on the cheek happily and prepared to leave. "Sure baby, grab your things. We have something...to do tonight." He grinned devilishly waiting for her to return. When she returned with purse in hand Crane stared at her affectionately. "You have chocolate on your mouth still." He leaned in and kissed her tenderly licking the chocolate from the corner of her mouth. "Okay, let's go. Make sure you bring one of your nuclear lasers and a bomb just in case we need it, although, I don't anticipate we will." Crane walked out of the door to her apartment making his way to his Mercedes.



As Jane trotted twards his car she did a cartwheel front flip. She smiled as she stuck the landing. She saw him laughing to himself from across the car. She gave him the best smile she could and struck a pose. Then she climbed into the front seat and smiled across at him. "Ok lets get this done without getting arrested." Then as the best idea came to her mind she looked over at him "If this goes as planned your officially giving me a massage when we get back" She said as she turned her eyes ahead of her with a satisfied grin



Crane smiled bemused. "Of course I will," he said grinning cleverly. They sped off in his black Mercedes making there way towards Gotham Tower. They arrived in twenty minutes, and walked into the front lobby. The security guard was away from his desk, Crane was relieved, and they quickly made there way to the elevator. Crane was carrying a black bag that contained the grenade launcher, but sat it down once they were in the elevator. He pulled Jane closely to him and kissed her tenderly. "I'm glad we're going this together." He stared at her affectionately and in love. Moments later they arrived to the rooftop and made there way to the edge of the building. Crane removed the grenade launcher from the bag, loaded the gaseous grenade and quickly fired it over Gotham. The grenade exploded and sent a mist sprinkling over the city. "We have to go now," he turned to her and said quickly. He knew all would be fine as soon as they left and they would resume their own lives without incident. Knowing that they became immune to the serum.



                                                          *********************************************



Jane went to Cranes apartment early in the morning and let herself in. She flopped down on his couch for a moment so she could grope for the remote. As she found it she turned on mindless cartoons and giggled. She knew he was still sleeping so she kept them on low. She bounded into the kitchen and decided that she wanted to make chocolate chip pankcakes. She started climbing on the counters to pull the items out of the cupbord because she was too short. She slowly and dangerously kept pulling the items out and setting them on the counter until the flour was the only thing left and it was on the top shelf. She sighed as she kept trying to pull it down with her finger tips



Crane rolled out of bed to another day in Gotham. He was groggy and had a slight headache from a bad dream involving the death of his parents. He stood up hearing some clanging in the kitchen and put his Christian Dior robe on. He shuffled into the living room to the kitchen and saw Jane reaching for something on the top shelf. "What are you doing sweetheart?" He asked tenderly and smiled adoring her climbing on the counter.



Jane was just about to get the flour down as Crane came into the kitchen she was startled and she fell off the counter bringing the flour with her to explode and make a large mess all over the floor. She couldn't but admire though as she looked up to see him in a sexy robe. She tried to shake the flour out of her hair and wipe it off her dress to no avail. " You wern't suposed to be up yet dear. I wanted to suprise you. It wasn't suposed to be the other way around..



Crane smiled and reached his hand out to help her from off the floor. He couldn't help, but think how adorable she was trying to surprise him with breakfast. She was so thoughtful, and no one had ever treated him with such consideration before. "I'm just glad you're here, and you were thinking about me." He brushed some flour from out of her hair and rubbed her cheek with his hand before leaning in and kissing her sweetly. "What were you trying to make? Pancakes? One of the things I love most." He pulled her closely and smiled charmingly, "I guess we'll just have to order in now."



As she was pulled to her feet she hugged him tightly making sure to get flour all over his nice looking robe. She looked up at him with a devilish smile before she shook her hair making sure to get it everywhere. "Im always thinking about you darling" She kissed him lightly feeling extremely happy today "Yeah I was trying to make chocolate chip pancakes. But as you can see that didn't work out all that great." She hopped up on the counter and now at eye level with him she grinned "So what do you propose we do now?" Wipes up flour and throws it at him and laughs



"I'm not sure," he said laughing slightly before leaning in and kissing her again. She was giddy and playful today, and Crane loved her more when she was in these moods. Crane walked over to the coffee maker and started to brew his regular gourmet coffee from Gothambucks. He picked up a handful of flour drizzled in the counter and tossed it at Jane. "I am hungry though." He grinned at her affectionately. "Jane....have you ever thought about...eternity?" Crane was beginning to tactfully build-up to a big question and he wondered how she might react.



Jane smiled at his choice of coffee. and as he walked back to her she gathered him in her arms and held him closely and whispered quietly and lovingly "Of course I've thought about eternity. And honestly. living for eternity would suck really bad. I would hate it" She smiled as she dodged around his question and kissed his forehead. She jumped down from the counter to look in the fridge. "Everything in your fridge is boring!" She said playfully



Crane stared at her rummaging through his refrigerator, and grinned bemusedly. "Yeah..maybe someone should..move in with me, and help me go grocery shopping." Crane returned to preparing his coffe taking down his #1 Psych coffee mug from the cabinet. He pour a cup and blew on it trying to cool it down before sipping. He walked over to her and stood next to her placing his free hand on her hips. "I'm serious though, what if...you just had one person you could spend the rest of your life with? Could you do it?"



Jane grinned and exclaimed "I love grocery shopping!" She laughed as he poured himself a cup of coffee. She took it gently out of his hand and read it and just started laughing "I'm officially buying you an extremely cheesy coffee mug" He walked up to her and she kissed him lovingly. "Could I? Of course I could. I think thats the best thing to fight for in this world" She smiled and locked her arms around his neck and just stood there because she liked being close to him



Crane stared deeply into her eyes and smiled. She still had flour all over her, and he was beginning to be covered in it as well. He wasn't sure how to approach the question that had been linger on his mind. He was scared and insecure, and he'd never asked anyone the question he was considering asking. He decided to ask gradually. "Jane...do you love me?"



As Crane appeared to become serious she tried to as well she loved his eyes. They were gorgeous. She stood there close to him and held his eye contact. She wasn't sure why but she had butterflys in her stomach. As he asked her a question she pushed him against the counter and kissed him deeply and after a few moments she pulled away and whispered breathlessly and lovingly "Of course I do"



Crane, feeling her passion and swelling inside, held her tightly. He placed both of his hands to the side of her head and stared at her lovingly. He was going to ask her, he decided the time was right, and the mood appropriate. he had fallen in love with her. She accepted him completely, knew about his darker secrets, and he trusted her with his life. "Jane...I don't know how to say this, but.." Crane paused for a minute and smiled at her warmly, "Would you...consider...the possibility of...being...my wife?" Crane couldn't believe he had finally mustered the courage to ask her, but braced for rejection.



Jane almost fell over in suprise to the point where Crane practically had to hold her on her feet. Tears came to her eyes and she started smiling like a crazy idiot she hugged him as tight as she could and ran her fingers through his hair. Her heart was swelling. She could barely speak but she got out the one word she needed "Yes!" She untied his robe and hugged him again feeling his warmth. She looked up and kissed him. And they stayed in the kitchen holding each other until they went out for their long awaited pancakes.



                                                                  **********************************************





© Copyright 2011 JaneBlaze (janeblaze at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1822420-Jon-and-Jane