*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1822681-Weather
Rated: · Other · Other · #1822681
In class, we had to write a monologue in 5 minutes. In the perspective of my dad.
Every morning, I see her face, and it’s a different person. “Good Morning!”… No response. A few days back, I remember her being my star; Straight A’s, great at sports, a musician. Now, there is always a cloud looming over her, rain running down her face. I try to give help, but it’s never taken. I give her the praise she deserves, but I never receive a “thank you”. It seems as though the summer changed her for the worst. Where did her priorities go? I don’t know what to do with her, so I just sit back and watch as the clock ticks. She changes like the weather, and I can never get an accurate forecast. Thunder rages out of her lips when she walks through the door, and usually when she’s not around me, does the sun show its bright face. What have I done to deserve this? “What can I do to help you?” I’m like a waiter, tending to her every need. I don’t ever get a tip.
But, I never did expound on those beautiful sunny days. Those days where the consistent tick-tock is interrupted by colorful waves of sound, flowing from her fingers. My day always goes better, and so does hers. It seems as though music brings out the best in her. Although, monochrome she might seem at times, when her eyes spot a piano, everything goes colorful. I always tell her how amazed I am, and she gets embarrassed. “There comes that storm again”. It seems that good times never last with her. Maybe it’s cause her role models were exactly the same. I always wanted to know what they thinking. Like their body didn’t match their thoughts. I always heard that 80% of communication is through body language. That’s probably why I don’t understand her, because I only get 25%. I always say “Its cause your 15”. I know it’s a terrible thing to say, throwing aside her feelings, blaming it solely on her age. I can tell she always gets angry when I say that. I can’t wait to get my old daughter back.
© Copyright 2011 Emily Anne (annebreezy96 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1822681-Weather