*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1823242-TaeNy-test
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Other · Romance/Love · #1823242
On a bus stop, Taeyeon is waiting for Tiffany.
Bus Stop

Puff. Burst.

It was cold that night and the bus left in a roar. In the sleeping city's midst, a trail of grey smoke was left behind, along with the linger of a comforting warmth.

Flakes of snow slowly fell, patting on Taeyeon's bare head as she tightened the scarf around her neck. She leaned back against the wall of the bus stop and quietly let out an exhale, relaxed that the wool had slowly begun to warm her cold face. Without much thought, she swept her eyes around the street. Bystanders walked by slowly, dragging themselves under the dim lights of lamps, shifting their feet through thick snow as they went by like ghosts across the pavement. She exhaled again, looking at the cars, vans and motorcycles that passed every few seconds. As she watched, her boots dug into the two-inch-length snow, rubbing against the stone underneath. The bouquet she held in her arms twiddled as she flexed impatiently on the spot. Though she had only been there for only half an hour, her heart still beat at a rate faster than normal. Lifting the bouquet to her face, she took a sniff of her carefully picked roses, taking in the passion that came with them. Cold wind blew against her skin, but she neither moved nor made a sound.

As time went on, the night slowly dropped into a gloom. Less of people and vehicles began to appear and in the next hour or so, the streets had become completely rid of anyone but her own. The wind continued to blow, whistling a sorrow tune. By herself she stood silently at the bus stop, freezing under the cold temperature with only a lamp to shine down on her small and delicate figure.

"Tiffany, where are you?" She murmured, her throat dry and croaking under the freezing air. Beating away the cold, she leaned forward and looked to both sides of the street. The fall of snow had grown thick, and the ones beneath her made scrunched noises while her foot stepped forward for balance. Though she searched and strained her sight, Tiffany was nowhere to be found.

Slowly, she turned, dropping her bouquet at the side and slumping into the bus stop seats. As she lay, her eyes fell into a close, her breaths shortening as each became more painful to the lungs. With a warm arm of her jacket, she blocked her pale face from the cold splitting wind. She would wait for the next bus' arrival and then just head home. A thousand thoughts and emotions crowded her mind. Most of them held disappointment and sadness. Holding tears from forming, she silently cried. Then soon, eventually, she fell into a deep, silent slumber.
© Copyright 2011 Rekteha (rekteha at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1823242-TaeNy-test