*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1823305-Nothing-to-worry-about
Rated: E · Other · Dark · #1823305
A short story about a boy and his travels.
         I walked along my normal route home, happy at the day’s end. A friend of mine had just got back and we laughed and enjoyed each others company before heading home on different routes. My normal route through was blocked off, and I had no choice but to travel through the forest.

As I walked I felt a cool mist lightly chilling my skin. The more I walked the more it began to hug my flesh. It got denser and began to whisper sweet nothings to my freezing ears. I had begun to get nervous and question my wet surroundings. The only thing I could hear was the cracking of little twigs under my feet. Crackle they said, haunting my every move. 
         I felt a breath upon my neck light yet numbing to touch. As I turned around I asked “what was that?”
“Tis nothing” the mist said.
         With those words I began to sprint more into the mist running past the hanging willows. The trees as if weeping cried tis nothing tis nothing. I came to what seemed like an opening. I heard another snap!
         As I looked upon my corpse dangling from a tree, I heard a “Tis nothing for you to worry about anymore”, a voice said from behind. As I looked upon blood red eyes and pale flesh, she said once again in an alluring tone “Tis nothing.” As Her cold grasp took my hand and led me to a world with no worries, to a world of nothing.
© Copyright 2011 Isadora pennbrook (extraodd at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1823305-Nothing-to-worry-about