*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1823733-The-Alley
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Dark · #1823733
Kursten is alone in an alley that no one ever leaves.
As the cold wind blew down the alley Kursten shivered. This alley had a reputation, you go in one end, but won’t see the other. That didn’t bother her, as she walked Kursten could hear footsteps coming from behind. She turned and looked...nothing, just an empty damp alley. Turning around she walked a few more feet and heard footsteps again. Kursten turned and began walking backwards, until she saw a dumpster. Ducking behind it she waited a few moments. Kursten peeked around the edge to see if anything was out there. But she was still alone, standing up Kursten knew it was time to get out of this alley. The wind blew again, sending cold chills across her small frame, accompanying the wind was rain. The frigid water started to seeping into her clothes. Still walking, she looked around thinking this had to be the half point. She could see the single lamppost far in the distance. Picking up her pace, the footsteps came again. Kursten didn’t care, all she knew was that she was leaving. But her curiosity got the better of her, turning this last time, there was still nothing. When she spun around there stood a huge man. He smiled, his teeth were yellow and green. Kursten was startled, he pulled a knife from his coat. “Give me all you got.” he said eying her all over. She just stood there and began to laugh. The man looked slightly confused, then gritting his teeth started to slice Kursten’s face. She grabbed his wrist and broke it. He grunted in pain as Kursten threw him to the ground. Kursten started playfully cutting him up with the straight razor she had up her sleeve. She’d been waiting for someone to play with all night.
© Copyright 2011 Edgar Wells (proudlyexiled at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1823733-The-Alley