*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1824625-Gone
Rated: E · Other · Other · #1824625
A tragic story between a father and his daughter.
My father pressed the steely cold butt of the gun into my hands and whispered, “Kill me, please.” I looked into his glassy brown eyes that seemed to be begging me to do this. I can’t. How could someone be willing to take a life of a loved one? I whispered, “I can’t.” The words shook as they came from my mouth. I could feel the tears reach my eyes and plummet down my face as I watched my fathers weary eyes filled with tears. Why does he want to end it this way? Why me? Mother would not have wanted him to do this and make me suffer. I guess the pain of loosing her was unbearable for him. But I was also hurt. Didn’t he see that? This was completely selfish of him to do this. I pleaded him not to do this to me but he didn’t listen. "Fine. If you won’t do this for me then I guess I’ll have to do it my self," he said as he grabbed the gun from my tight grip. Just as the words sank in, I heard the sound. The sound tthat ended my very own father’s life. The sound of pain. I looked down in terror as I saw blood coming from my father’s skull. What was there left for me to live for? My whole family was gone and I had nobody anymore. I stood there trembling as I retrieved the gun from the floor that lay beside my father’s corpse. With tears falling down my face and my hands shaking, I pointed the gun to my temple. Then with a single movement, I was gone. I was finally free from the pain.
© Copyright 2011 allisonman (allisonm14 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1824625-Gone