*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1824634-My-Own-Best-Friend
Rated: E · Short Story · Drama · #1824634
what kind of friend are you
I was sleeping peacefully until my phone began to ring it was my best friend Kimmy. I picked up thinking she was going to tell me she got the Sugarland tickets we had been saving up for. What she had told me broke my heart but believed her. “John is cheating with Becca”, she said. I hung up the phone and waited for school to begin. I had been up all night but I still had all the energy I need to whoop some butt and break up with that sorry looser. When John picked me up I stared at him with hate in my eyes. “Are you cheating on me”, I asked him with a calm voice. “NO why would I do such a thing”, he replied. “Yeah your right”, I said in a pathetic voice. As I look down to tie my shoes I spot out a sea blue earring that didn’t belong to me. I pick it up and put it in the view of John without saying a word. “I-I-I-I can explain”, he stuttered. “Who’s is it? BECCAS?”, I screamed. His phone began to ring he reached for it but I grabbed it before he could even began to reach. He had a new text message it was from Kimmy. “Humph lets see what we have here”, I grunted. The text read, “ Hey Johnny boy if you don’t mind could you bring me my badge I left in your car? I think it fell off my uniform the other night. And could you try looking for my earrings I lost them, you know the sea blue ones those. Thanks see you soon!” There was my answer but my own best friend? I got out the car and went back into the house and cried.   
© Copyright 2011 Tashina (tashina at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1824634-My-Own-Best-Friend