*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1824650-Fear-Origins-Prologue
Rated: · Other · Action/Adventure · #1824650
The Begining
Prologue
  Chicago 2033; the newfound capital of the country known as Illinois. They called it “The Great Severance” under the presidential influence of Thomas Cain we lost everything, the debt grew too great and he proposed a plan to make the states; countries. Then have them fend for themselves. Some of the newfound countries made alliances with the major states around it but most stayed the same. There are people that are trying to make it better, trying to make it the way it used to be.
________________________________________________________________________
  The man planted his feet firmly on the fire escape railing. He fixed his hood back onto his head, and looked up the rain dripping from his hood. He looked through the open window; three figures were in the dimly lit room. He readied his throwing knife and entered the room sticking to the shadows. Two thugs left the room, he threw the knife at the lamp. In the dark he tackled the only thug in the room knocking him out by covering his mouth and nose. He then pulled him out of sight. The two other thugs walked back into the room.
  “Hey man hit the light switch.” One said. The other went to the switch and then the hooded man struck; punching him in the stomach. Then he went in for a knock out on the second one planning his moves precisely. Throwing a punch under his ribs then a kick to the thigh and, then finally flipping him over and breaking his arm over his knee. He turned around and was punched in the face the other thug that had put on some brass knuckles. Another punch to the face, he tried to stumble towards the window.       
  He jumped out the window alerting the guards at the base of the building and then landing on the hood of a car. He stood up stumbled and pulled out a throwing knife. A man dressed in all white stepped through the door of the apartment building holding a shotgun. He aimed the gun at the hooded man. The man threw the knife, it hit the tip of one of the barrels right as the man in white pulled the trigger causing some of the buckshot to go through the back of the gun, and it hit the man in the white. The hooded man took the brute force of the shot and hit the bumper of the car behind him making his hood fall off. The man in the hood immediately rose up in flames, he stood up reaching for the man in white then he quickly burned into a pile of ash. The man was still frozen with fear when the police got there.
© Copyright 2011 Colton Winters (coletrain118 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1824650-Fear-Origins-Prologue