*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1825959-Incurable-Insanity
Rated: 13+ · Chapter · Drama · #1825959
This is an ongoing story about the life of an NRI (Non resident Indian) couple.
INCURABLE INSANITY

PROLOGUE


Love: A temporary insanity curable by marriage


Ambrose Bierce



This tale is an attempt to prove the reverse or at least give it a chance..





Her heart fluttered when she heard the sound of the key turn in the lock..


She quickly adjusted her maroon silk saree with the yellow border, the one that had caught his eye and waited eagerly for his footsteps...


1-2-3-4-5-6-7...yes exactly seven steps before he stopped, hesitated for a few seconds then removed his shoes one by one and neatly arranged them on the shoe rack side by side.


She smiled, he had been mindful of taking his shoes off everyday now;


I am not used to it but I will if you want me to. It's probably a good thing to do anyway..


He walked into the hall towards his favorite chair, he never sat on the settee beside her.


As he settled down, he would pick up the TV remote and without looking at her would say in his smooth baritone;


So how did you spend your day, anything interesting?


She would shake her head, still looking down, though out of the corner of her eye she liked to steal glances at his feet,they were nice to look at, clean with well manicured nails...then realizing that he was not looking at her she would vocalize in the negative.


Her soft 'no' would drown easily in the raucous loud blast from the TV game...


He probably didn't hear her, he probably really didn't care..





To Be continued......




Links:


© Copyright 2011 keyfling (snoopy at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1825959-Incurable-Insanity