*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1826048-Acknowledgment
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Poetry · Emotional · #1826048
This poem is about my Aunt, my cousin, and me. How i feel on a daily basis with them
Gosh help these tears to stop falling down

For the past has stopped and ended with her unforgiving lies

The future has yet to be written with no knowledge of life

While the present waits to be acknowledged of her existence.



Whatever the past has ever said or done

She cannot control the person you choose to become

But she can make you think of her when you have a gloomy day.

You have the power to force her back into the lost part of your mind to hopefully never be repeated with the next generation.



We are told that the future holds many doors to be opened

And that we should always look forward to what the future brings.

Life now is harder to live and so we have to think harder about our decision in which direction we wish to go in.



I am the present trying to keep up with my best friend the past and my future while silent tears begin to fall wondering what I’ve done to deserve to be forgotten like my first baby tooth left underneath my dirty old pillow case only to disappear during the night and left money as a bribe to forget about the tooth who will never be missed or mentioned again.

I wonder if I was meant to just remain as an unwanted spectacle in this world to my friend the past and her view of me just like when we lose our first baby tooth?



Many tears find there way to my eyes as I begin to ponder on this part in my life.

As the tears begin to fall down the sides of my face they don’t have any warmth to them.

When you see a smile on my face and hear the softness of my voice with tear stains beginning to crack my pores then you know what I’ve been thinking about just by the look in my eyes as they have a dullness to them still holding my smile stronger than ever  as to not worry anyone what has bothered me letting everyone know that I am alright and well when in fact I am bleeding inside.



If we live in the past then our bodies tend to shut down without any warning with all the tears that come and self loathing but then again if we dwell too much into the future our bodies cannot process what we missed in the present to prepare for the future to come.



© Copyright 2011 Angel Lillard (narutoschick15 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1826048-Acknowledgment