*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1827629-Its-Raining
Rated: · Other · Opinion · #1827629
It's raining which got me thinking about the weather.
It’s raining today. I quite like the rain as it’s always a good excuse not to do anything. I was going to do my washing, walk down to the shops and go for a run today. Instead I’ve eaten chips and watched Doug Stanhope on youtube. It pleases me to think that the very atmosphere of the planet I am living on is colluding to help my procrastination.

“What’s that, Matty? You have loads of outdoor things to do but you just bought a stick and the new season of Misfits? Well here’s a low pressure system over the Tasman sea that will see a trough pushing through New South Wales causing heavy showers and drizzle.”

In my mind the weather itself has a weather guys voice. Luckily though it doesn’t try to tie interviews with junior sporting teams and completely contrived charity advertising into it’s communication with me. Because really, let’s face it, if Tim Bailey can bang on about eight year old’s playing tuba badly in between the seven day out look and the surf report than surely the weather could justify pushing it’s own agenda.

When conversations get dull it seems we usually end up talking about the weather. It’s something that we can all relate to. ‘So, we’re only talking to each other because a mutual friend invited us to the pub. He’s at the bar now though, so how bloody hot has it been?’ I think it would be great if when the weather has a conversation with an entity it found to be boring like the economy or evolutionary history that we as humans were there fall back point in conversation.

Weather: (To self)

Oh crap, the economy is still banging on about automobile sales in the last quarter.

(To economy)

Yeah, yeah thats all fascinating, but how about those humans? Aren’t they just the worst?

The weather, what a guy.
© Copyright 2011 Matty B-Comic (mattyb at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1827629-Its-Raining