*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1827757-Colors-Of-my-Mind
Rated: E · Poetry · Drama · #1827757
A free verse peom with a large use of metaphors and similes.
Colors of my Mind


Today is like blue. Indigo oceans that engulf me. I'm drowning. My silver friend will save me, take me up to the surface for gray. I'm not falling. The sunset breaks loose but only spills deep red over a pale pink and runs out and over brown. I lay there on the surface knowing that later i will come back down. Suddenly my eyes open. I can move i run freely to land. soft unexpected land, white as the brightest star. I can sing breathe dance. but why is the white only a mask for the blue to hide. I still see it, a steely blue pale, almost white, but it's not. Again........Numb. A novacane strike. I hear the giggles,chatter, whispers. The sky cracks open, blue lightning, gray clouds, white rain. I fall and i drown, only to star the cycle over with blue.
© Copyright 2011 Seiran Crimson (tideofterror at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1827757-Colors-Of-my-Mind