*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1828916-First-Encounter
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 18+ · Other · Romance/Love · #1828916
That first special moment of a relationship.
The streetlights below reflected in the raindrops on the window, making the still dark morning seem even colder and bleaker. I shivered as I looked out, appreciating the warmth of the office. I heard the door open.
The jade green eyes held me in total captivation as the heavy wooden door closed softly behind him. The olive skin, the salt and pepper hair were only appetizers to their beauty, which I drank in with secret gluttony.
He wore my favorite suit that day--dark blue with a gray pinstripe. His overcoat was still sprinkled with rain and he carried an armload of files in addition to his briefcase. Standing by the door, his hand still on the knob, he stared at me intently. I stared back.
He finally spoke. "I'll be in Bankruptcy Court all day today."
"Will he break for lunch?" I lamely asked.
"Yeah, but I'll have several of our clients meeting me there with their files," he answered softly, staring still.
I could think of nothing. My stomach tightened.
"It's awfully cold out.  I've made coffee--would you like a cup?" I blurted, trying to break the mood. I sounded nervous.
"I don't have time. I'm late as it is."
I thought "Well why are you standing here like this if you're late?" But instead I said "Well, take some with you. We have some cups."
"Ok," he said, smiling and shifting his briefcase to the arm holding all the file folders. "That'll be great."
I came across the room, found the cups and poured one for him so he wouldn't have to unload his arms, even placing a lid on it for him. When I was sure I'd fumbled around long enough to break the mood, I turned to hand it to him, looking at the cup, not him.
I saw his hand reaching gently towards mine to take it. I saw his fingers slip around the sides. I noticed steam droplets around a pinhole in the lid. His fingertips touched mine.  He pulled the cup toward the top of the desk behind him and sat it there. I looked up at him. Those jade green eyes were staring at me. Holding me. Getting closer and closer.  I could smell the woodiness of his cologne. I could feel the warmth from his neck above the knot in his tie. Closing my eyes, I plunged into his lips as they closed in on mine. I remember thinking how soft they were, even though they didn't look like they would be.  He reached up to touch my face, and his hand trembled. I realized then it was all over for me.
It lasted for what felt like fifteen minutes. It was wonderfully sensuous, the soft exploration of lips and tongues, his warm breath against my cheek.  The room was very quiet. He put his arm around me to pull me closer. When he did, I felt the file folders stuffed above the briefcase begin to slide. Half the armload slid to the floor in an avalanche. He dropped the other half on top of them, and put down the briefcase. Then he smiled, licked his lips and put both arms around me, pulling me to his chest.
Suddenly, the day didn't seem as cold and bleak anymore.
© Copyright 2011 KellyGreen (ppikker at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1828916-First-Encounter