*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1829293-Beginning-to-see-the-Light
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Ciaran
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Contest Entry · #1829293
A Lawyer gets a break when he assigned to a complex case.
Karol walked down the corridor. It smelt really bad down here, probably something to do with the heat in ‘the dungeon’. Not a dungeon, just the basement of the police headquarters. He didn’t know why anyone would be held down here, surely being held in this sort of heat and smell was some sort of human rights violation. He could only imagine that his client, who he had never met, had done something truly awful. There was no way the police could justify holding anyone down here; although he was glad the police would give him such an easy opportunity to get angry. Kind of exciting too, this could be the kind of big case that could get him a job with a big firm; the kind of firm that will probably be on the other side of this case.

As Karol walked into the interview room, she was instantly struck by the pungent aroma that had dogged her journey through the basement. The woman smelt worse than any other person he had encountered, clearly hygiene had not been a top priority for some time. Quickly he composed himself, he didn’t want the woman he had noticed her ‘situation’. ‘Hello, Miss Treehorn, I’m Karol Vorderman’ he smiled ‘and I’ll have you out of here in no time.’ ‘That’d be good’ she replied ‘ and please call me Jackie.’

Karol shuffled some papers in his suitcase, and then continued ‘Only a short visit today I’m afraid’ he said, glad for what he now knew would be a very long trial. ‘But you can look forward to move from down here. And don’t worry about your case, I know all I need for now. We can go over the details tomorrow.’

 Beginning to see the Light  (13+)
A Lawyer gets a break when he assigned to a complex case.
#1829293 by Ciaran


Words: 289
© Copyright 2011 Ciaran (ciaranj123 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1829293-Beginning-to-see-the-Light