*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1829942-The-Wicker-Farewell
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Bea
Rated: · Other · Other · #1829942
Orphan Alice brings a wicker basket to the forebodying guardian Tobias
Alice stepped gingerly over the fallen patches of sleet in London’s street, which seemed more to resemble it’s mothering ice than it’s softer cousin. Peering about her watery blue eyes looked for the daunting tower in which Mister Tobi dwelled in as more of a stronghold rather than a home. Overpowering gargoyles loomed in the niches and pouring rainspouts cried the icy water down unto the streets where she stood. This appeared like a warning to those passing by to be wary of such a place, lest the Gargoyles feel obligated to fulfill their duty.
Touching her small hand to the brass doorknob, stowed away in a gilded lion’s maw, the little girl entered the chilling fortress of stone and ascended the worn velvet carpet to the dwelling place of Mister Tobi higher within.
“Mister Tobi?” She whispered and looked cautiously around into the spacious cabinet he had custom made to his liking.
The tall sullen figure of Tobias lay slouched and worn in his armchair, even his ginger red hair sat frayed and unkempt on his shoulders. Looking over at her Tobias gave neither grimace nor acknowledgement. Still she ran over and scrambled into his lap, “Hallow Mister Tobi, what’sa matter?”
His large frail hand stroked her gentle blonde hair, though his expression never changed, “Hello Alice. What do I owe the honor?” His voice wasn’t nearly as youthful as it once was, more worn and whisper heeding like a candle glow.
“I got the basket you wanted from the square.”
“The wicker one?”
She nodded happily, “Yes sum,” Tobi was a father figure to the orphan and by any means possible she would satisfy him, however Tobias simply stood from his chair, walked to the table where the wicker lay and began to stow items within.

Word Count- 298
© Copyright 2011 Bea (xbeathesheenx at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1829942-The-Wicker-Farewell