*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1829964-The-Hunt
Rated: E · Other · Other · #1829964
Will she make it out alive?
All she could do was run. She did not dare to look back at what was after her. She could feel the eyes of the pursuer tower over her, making her feel vulnerable. She had to get out of the woods but no matter how many turns she made the creature always seemed to find a way to follow her. Her legs moved swiftly and would not stop, as if they had a mind of their own. Sweat appeared upon her forehead, forming little beads of ice. The trees were clothed in white and seemed like a never-ending maze. She had to think quickly but there was nowhere to hide. She then saw an abandoned house. She ran with all her might towards the shelter, hoping the creature couldn’t get her there. She approached the house, windows broken and mold forming on the walls. The musty smell hit her as soon as she walked in, but she ignored it and tried to look for some sort of food and clothing for the winter’s nippy air was chilling her bones. She noticed a basket that was lying on the table, as if someone knew she was coming. An eerie feeling swept over her as she made her way towards the basket. Out of nowhere, the creature appeared at the door. Its eyes stared into hers, taking the breath from her lungs. She couldn’t move. No matter how hard she tried. She was paralyzed. The creature lunged towards her only to yelp in pain as it hit the floor. A man was at the doorway with a rifle in his hands. She tried to thank him but he took off as soon as she noticed him. To this day, she never knew the man who saved her life.
© Copyright 2011 allisonman (allisonm14 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1829964-The-Hunt