*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1830284-umbrella-over-utopia
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by juke
Rated: · Other · Experience · #1830284
Instincts should tell you which way to go.
The boats sit still against the muted lakeside landscape with clouds taking turns like schoolyard bullies at covering the sun's eye. In a perfect world, I'd always hurt myself before anyone else, but tact has a way of sneaking out the window past the curfew. Mischievous spirits take its place in bed beside you and there's little hope for a night of restful refuge.

I find it best to steer clear of bystanders until the spell runs its course, slamming into the guardrail and sparing friends of ill-conceived remarks in the heat of the moment. It puts me in an emotional tailspin for the shrapnel to pierce them; they've grown bold enough to wear revealing swimwear in my open waters and I want nothing more than their trust.

Entrenched in a drunken stupor, I may witness them on open mic night as they lament over the abrupt closing of their favorite resort. Their tears fill my cup and I cannot bear to stay for the final act. I continue fighting my battles, out of view of the street lights.

All I can say is be strong my little tadpole for the frenzy never lasts. If the patience is there, the rewards are plenty. Before you know it there I am, re-opening the beach and crawling back to you.
© Copyright 2011 juke (jbx1 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1830284-umbrella-over-utopia