*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1831330-the-wright-rock
by hope
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Mystery · #1831330
we should think twice before acting or else bear the consequences!
I have found the Wright rock to sit on. As the wind blows strongly I sat carefully and held my hair aside. Finally I took a deep breathe that melted my worries and tried to open my eyes widely to watch the invigorating view of the sea. Goosebumps pinched their way to my skin and I helplessly coiled up to maintain my body's heat. Darkness has spread all over the place but the light house has defeated the black shadows and lighted the place. My eyes roamed around the sea and saw the ships coming back. The Fishing comes to an end when the sun surrenders to the darkness of the night.  I heard Loud sounds full of glory indicating a successful fishing trip. I smiled and tried to over hear the exciting news, but soon the gleeful chat came to an end and the fishermen came to reality and started to talk about that horrifying ghost ship that suddenly appears and then vanishes quietly. My body was paralyzed and my mind whirled with tons of alarming thoughts. I thought that this was just a story being told to play around and terrify our peaceful village, but surprisingly it seemed to be the terror stricken truth. It was spine chilling to think about it in depth but suddenly my thoughts were disturbed and immediately my eyes were moved to the old shaky voice that has broke my concentration and captured my attention. It was the old wise man of our country that always seems to pop in when the ghost ship is on the tongues. He said his usual words: it is the time for the revenge and payback for those who were once mistaken. Immediately the gathering of people was dismissed by his arrival. That man though was known for his horse sense however he is also known for his nonsense moments. I wondered why sometimes he talks in riddles. On the other hand I admired him for his braveness of saying what people fear to admit its existence. Some may dislike him because he takes the bulls by the horns and let the cat of out the bag. Likewise some may wonder why doesn't he lets the sleeping dogs lie and continue on living peacefully. That old man considers himself responsible for our village and he assumes that he is the one who can protect the village form the dangers. What I am sure of, he is a not a wolf in sheep's clothing as some may assume. He has never harmed any creature moreover he always gave a hand to help but his only mistake was the way he thinks and talks. I closed my eyes strongly and shook my head in attempt to stop my thoughts running wildly. I've bite off more that I can chew and it was a pity because the reason I came here was to unwind from all what is going on. It seemed that this topic is haunting me whenever I try to escape. Deep inside me was trying to convince to have a small chat with that old man but I feared his stare and his strong piercing words. Life is a mystery I admit that but digging too deep to uncover the truth can cause a great change in our lives either in good way or to a disaster. I remembered my mom used to tell me that curiosity has killed the cat and I definitely want to live. A surge of energy was running through my veins and surprisingly I was already walking toward that old man. His stare that was analyzing me froze my movement and the world seemed to have a stooped at that moment. I managed to talk but he suddenly shouted out loudly and said louder please!

I regained my strength and walked closer. His expressions seemed to soften and that undoubtedly encouraged me. What is the secret u hold from our ears and fear to acknowledge people about? He glanced nervously and said: why do you think so?

Did your parents send you to ask about it? My tongue slipped and innocently told: my parents do not know that I am talking to and if so I do not think the will be pleased to know and especially of what I am asking u of? The old man smiled and said then u must be a brave little man with brain. It is hard to find people like u son! But there is nothing to be told and if so it was from the past and nothing to we can do to rewind back and correct it son. I said "So what shall we do then? He replied quietly we should be brave son and strong. We ought to responsible for the things we done and beware the consequences that follow. I took a deep sigh and left sadly. I glanced beyond the se and wondered what the future might bring. The weather was getting colder and I headed back to home as words of the old man repeated in my head "beware of your actions and shall fear their consequence at any time".

© Copyright 2011 hope (sara223 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1831330-the-wright-rock