*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1831818-I-Love-You-but-I-am-Done
Rated: · Short Story · Other · #1831818
This is a short story of a little part of my life.
  I was living at my grandmas house with aunt, uncle and cousin. I have to admit it was a bit crowded, but we were all happy. The rent was slip into three parts and everyone had their own little space in the apartment. I was looking for something else for my dog and I. Along comes a very helping friend and hand. I knew he was interested in me, but at the same time I didn't want to give him any hope because I just liked him as a friend.



  He did help me look for an apartment. He spoke to the manager, and he planned everything. He even told me to wait a while longer because he wanted to surprise me by painting the apartment. The day I was going to move in, he told me not to because he wanted everything to be perfect. I thought it was sweet and kind of him helping me and everything he had done, so I waited. The day I came to the apartment, I had a queen bed with two night stands and a mirror dresser. Every room was painting a different pastel color, I have to admit I loved it!



  He decided to move in with me after I decided to give him a chance. The problem was that when I decided to do so, three days later he was moving in with me. I told him I thought that was to fast, we barely knew each other. His answer was that he loved me and that he wanted to know what life was like with me. I told him that I agreed on giving him a chance but, I didn't love him the way I knew he did. Of course, his answer was I will wait. With time you will learn to love me.



  After that, it was very hard living with him. He was very clingy and very obsessive. He used to call me up to 30 times a day and if I wouldn't answer he would call my grandma or uncle. I sat down and talked to him and asked him in a polite way to not call me so many times. Things got ugly afterwards. I started evading him, and was never home. Many of the things were my fault and I think he though that with gifts he would win my heart.

  He even proposed. Before he proposed, I knew my feeling were growing for him because I tried to get along sometimes. I kind of suspected something but at the same time I told him. "If you ever propose, I will not accept the ring until I completely love you" He agreed but, he proposed in front of all my family and I said yes. Once home I told him what we had talked about and he said it was ok, but not to take the ring off.

  Problems started to get black once I got a little kitty. He loved the kitty but, once his mom saw it he said we should return it. I told him, fine go ahead and return it. He went home to his mommy and told her every problem we had, when I was or wasn't home, if I cooked etc. He never told her the wonderful times we had together. In the end, he decided to move out back with his mom.



Today his mom thinks the worst of me and I am returning everything because she says that he spent her money. Even though that is not what he told me. Deep down I want to keep everything and say "Listen lady, those were gifts from him and I am not giving them back!!" . Even though I know he still likes me and loves me, because he has told me looking into my eyes he doesn't admit it in front of mommy dearest. He never stood up for me then, and I don't think will stand up for me now. The sad thing about all this is that now I can say, "I love you" but a momma's boy doesn't deserve it.



I am done with him and his family!
© Copyright 2011 mskarengarcia (mskarengarcia at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1831818-I-Love-You-but-I-am-Done