*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1832029-The-New-Earth
Rated: E · Preface · Dark · #1832029
Science Fiction Fantasy
         The year is 2065, the world as we know it is in shambles, and people are not the same. People roam the Earth without emotion or hope. The world as we know it has experienced an economic collapse, and people day to day fear their lives. The United States is in shambles. Our Government has fallen, and it’s every man, woman, and child for themselves. We, as Americans finally get to see what it's like in a third world Country, where death is so natural people commit murder like It's nothing, and don't have to fear the repercussions.

         The, world itself is changing. Weird things are happening on Earth. Spirituality is real, and Magi ck comes back to the planet Earth. Sorcery in this modern day and age is becoming a real thing.  There are people, who others refer to as the gifted ones. With Supernatural powers and gifts, some say they are gifts from the Gods, or some say they are Gifts from the Christian God. And of course others suggest it is the work of Evil.  Lucifer The Devil, the Ancient Egyptian God's, and so on. So many others believe in many different things, and have very different views on how the gifted ones have gotten their powers.

         Technology, in the world as we know it, the year 2065, is highly advanced. Weapons being perilous in the past are that much more destructive now. Guns, and most weapons, can have a magi ck essence bestowed upon them, but only by the gifted ones. This is a world now where technology and Magi ck, can combine as one.  Doing so brings forth a power not seen by mankind.  Military’s no longer exist everything is Faction based. On one side you have gifted ones who use their powers for good and on the opposite side you have others who simply use their powers for destruction, chaos, and scheme about taking the world for personal gain and power.

         Gifted ones, who use Magi ck and Technology combined, are referred to as Mage Tech's in this world. Computers and magi ck, combined, can be a very deadly and powerful thing. Mage Techs can read minds, watch your every move through Data systems, and can use computers or security enhancements as major weapons. They can control any weapon with just a single thought of action. For instance a Mage Tech has a Sniper Rifle, with their mind they control the bullet itself considering their highly evolved brains the percentage of bullets that miss the intended target is near to zero.  This makes these gifted ones more dangerous than ever.

         Gifted ones, Who use their powers of a healing nature, are considered Medicine techs, using powers of ancient magical  healing, mixed with the Cybernetic Technology, that has become a part of the new world.  They are basically what we would describe as the Druids of the new world. They, strive in respecting, and finding, the goodness in all things. Wanting the world to become something it has never ever been able to achieve, and that is a good place for all living things to grow, and feel secure in a positive light.

         What, was once known as the United States of America, is no longer a country, but Land split up into two factions. The first faction is commonly referred to as the Protectors. They are a Faction of goodness, and change hoping to help gifted ones to be more accepted amongst the mortals of the new Earth. The Protectors by their very nature, wish to bring balance to all things.  The Second Faction, refered to as the Shade,  strive to achieve power and ultimate domination. Basic mortals to them are weak, and are not considered to be on an equal level with the magi ck users of the new Earth.

         Welcome to the new Earth where Cybernetic Technology meets Ancient Magi ck,  where guns meet swords,  Computers meet Magi ck. Good versus Evil in a dual that will decide once in for all who or what will rule.  Welcome to your future.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                               
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                     
© Copyright 2011 Scott S (darkhorror at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1832029-The-New-Earth