*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1832090-The-Girl-With-Dislexia
Rated: E · Short Story · Inspirational · #1832090
There is really not that much to tell about this story. It is all in the title.
There once was an 11 year old girl named Mckenzie. Mckenzie was your typical everyday girl, she had wavy blonde hair, blue eyes and was fair skinned. Mckenzie also had something called dislexia, dislexia is when someone reads something and the words get jumbled up in there head and they can't do anything about it. Mckenzie volenteers at the local hospital on the weekends. There is an old man that is very sick that helps her read better. His name is Bill.

Every day at school Mckenzie gets scared that she will have to read out loud. On weekends she gets so excited to see Bill again. She likes to read books to Bill so that she can get better at controlling her dislexia. Every weekend she gets a little better at it. But one weekend she went there and she read but she couldn't understand anything she saw on the page. That night she ran home and she cried because she had been trying so hard. Bill told her not to cry, that is was just one of those days that it was hard to read and that she was going to have those sorts of days. So Mckenzie kept trying and every time she tried she couldn't read good. So every night she ran home feeling bad about herself. The next weekend she saw Bill he said to her "you can do it".

And she did. Mckenzie did it because she kept trying. There is never a reason to quit what you are doing because of a few mistakes, that is not how it works. If you want to reach a goal, you stick to it. So on Monday Mckenzie went to school and she was asked to read a paragraph out loud and she did. She did it with confidence like she never had dislexia. Bill said to her "You can accomplish anything if you try dislexia or not." She kept on going to see him even though she learned how to control it,she wanted to see him because he was nice and kind, he was her friend.
© Copyright 2011 jinxgirly (jinxgirly at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1832090-The-Girl-With-Dislexia