*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1832180-It-was-just-a-kiss--Chapter-1
Rated: E · Chapter · Comedy · #1832180
Will Angel get the boy she craves? It's difficult when he's her friend's boyfriend!
Chapter 1:Confusion

"Why can't mascara be automatic?"
Angel was applying her third coat of mascara and was already 5 mins late for school, but this wasn't important to her because she had one simple rule: Better not show up to school than show up to school looking like a tramp. This rule was what she swore her life by and nothing, even missing her mid-term spanish evaluation, could distract her from looking like a goddess.Angel was a gorgeous blond with slim long legs and a tiny waist. Her eyes were just as amazing as her long, lightly curled hair.She was always seen with long mascara covered lashes framing her sky blue eyes.All the girls envied her smooth porcelain skin highlighted by a few light freckles on her cheeks.
"We found love in a hopeless place…We found love in a hopeless place" Her phone rang. She closed her mascara, looked at the mirror, blew a kiss to herself and smiled. She struggled putting on her high-heel boots as she grabbed her phone. She looked at the caller ID. It was her best friend, Christy.
"Hey, girl" Angel said, still busy tying her designer brown boots, "Im gonna be a bit late…Mascara issues," she laughed.
"Angel! Not again! It's the third time this week your late, Mrs. Lopez will freak out!"
"Oh, who cares! That fat cow needs the chill out, I mean one more temper tantrum and she's sure to get a heart attack," Angel replied, grabbing her huge purse.She could hear Christy laughing, "Be there in 10min, bye!" She hung up.
When she got out of the bus she checked her hair and walked into school with confidence, as she did everyday. Her spanish class was on the first floor so it didn't give her much time to touch up her makeup. She knocked on the door and entered the room, about to say her excuse when Mrs. Lopez shouted,
"Mrs. Jones! It is unacceptable that you arrive late every week in my class, and especially today for your mid-term evaluation!"
"But, Mrs. Lopez, my bus-"
"No excuses!" The old teacher shouted, angrily writing on a pink detention slip, "Two hours of detention after school, and extra home-work due for next week." She handed the slip and a few sheets of paper to Angel. Angel grabbed the home-work and stuffed it in her bag as she walked to her desk, of course winking at Josh, her crush. Josh was a tall, fit boy with messy light brown hair and deep brown sexy eyes. He was an athlete, fastest runner of the athleticism team to be more precise. All the girls were all over him but Angel always knew he had a thing for her. But today he didn't smile back at her, instead he looked down to his test and wrote down an answer. She worried. Was her hair messy? Did her eyeliner smudge? Did her gloss get on her teeth? She sat at her desk and took the test, still confused about Josh.
At recess, Christy and Angel sat on their favorite bench. They always sat there cause it was right in front the track field and they could look at all the athletes working out. Angel loved to watch Josh shaking his hair back after a 3000 meter run. He was just so attractive. Christy was looking at her english note-book. Christy was the exact opposite of Angel. Even if she was as beautiful, she was not vein at all. She wore jeans practically every day and always had her trusty hoodie. She almost never wore make-up. Her short brown hair was always tied in a pony tail and her bangs were clipped with a boring black bobby pin.
"Hey, girls," Mandy called out, "I have some news!"
Mandy was the "girl next door" type. She was stylish but in a casual way. She didn't care what people thought about her and her style. She had long strawberry blond hair and piercing green eyes.
"I have a boyfriend!" she blurted.
"Who is it?" Angel asked, confused. But just as Mandy was about to answer, Josh walked up to the girls. Angel flipped her hair back and was about to greet him with a sweet Hey, Josh when he went up to Mandy and gave her a light kiss. What the fuck?! Angel thought to herself, How is that even possible! She had her mouth open wide like a fish outside of the water and before anyone noticed her bitterness, she muttered,
"I need to go touch up my makeup," Christy picked up her bag and said,
"Umm, yeah, me too, I got to go…take a shit!" she didn't have time to think, and Christy isn't very good at winging it.
© Copyright 2011 Pauline V. (blushup at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1832180-It-was-just-a-kiss--Chapter-1