*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1832427-Sensual-Prose-2-Judging-Criteriatemplat
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Sample · Contest · #1832427
This page describes the judging process I will be using
Sensual Moments 2 Contest Review Template:

The evaluation process

1. As the submissions come in I do an enjoyment read and get a first overall impression. I don’t look very deep, let the story work its magic and make sure it meets the contest submission criteria. Then I send a note to the writer to let them know I am aware of their submission (Submissions can sometimes get lost in the forum chatter) and when to expect the feedback of a personal review and expect the final results of the judging.

Objective Assessment

2. Then I ask several of my friends, who are both in and outside the sensual prose mainstream to rank order the submissions.

3. Before receiving their feedback I use the same rank ordering process. If I have five (5) entries, I place the best at the top of the cue and assign it 5 points and the second in the order of merit 4 and so on down the line.

4. As I receive feedback I do the same point assignment to the ordering of my friends provide.

Subjective Assessment

5. On Monday morning I begin filling out the Contest Review Template on each contestant. This can take several days. I am in no hurry and it might be as late as the weekend before I finish. As I do, I send this to the contestant. It is independent of a final decision on the winner. It is intended to provide only my subjective comments in the specific areas of focus and discuss what I liked most and where there is in my view, the most room for improvement.

6. By this time I’m very familiar with the submissions. Now, I add up the scores. A higher number is better. This rank orders the opinions of my friends and I compare that with my own rank ordering.

7. I make the decision on the winner is. I do not post the process or the final rank ordering, however I reserve the right to make some general comments.


Subjective Evaluation: Each submission is given an assessment sometimes referred to in a the WDC contest vernacular as the judge’s “Obligatory Review.” Below is the template I use.

Application of subjective criteria:

Sensual Moments 2 Contest:

Specific Areas of Consideration:

Science of Writing: Spelling, grammar, vocabulary, word choice, and structure.

Story Line: Dramatic Premise and Themes

Want, need or desire: What drives the characters’ need for intimacy?

Transition to the bedroom: How does the story move to the love nest?

Clinical Orientation: Physical description of the lovers and their actions

A growing Mood: Transition from physiological to spiritual

Physical to the Sublime: From clinical prose to poetry

Union and Climax: Building the tempo to final release

Return to Reality: Return from the sublime to the real world.
© Copyright 2011 percy goodfellow (trebor at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1832427-Sensual-Prose-2-Judging-Criteriatemplat